Free-Range Bison Hot Dogs
7-8 dogs per 1-lb pack, 100% grass fed |
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- No nitrites
- 100% Grass-fed
- Humanely raised
- Free to roam the prairie
- 7 to 8 hot dogs per 1-lb pack
- Leaner than standard beef or pork dogs
- No pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, hormones or antibiotics
- Product of USA (South Dakota)
Our lean, all-natural Bison Hot Dogs have fewer calories than standard beef or pork counterparts.
They feature grass-fed, free-range bison (American buffalo) meat, with no fillers or artificial ingredients.
Naturally smoked and perfectly seasoned, they're far superior to standard frankfurters made with factory-farmed meats, additives, and preservatives.
The hot dogs are not encased in animal material, and are instead held by a binder made up of vegetable materials.
About the bison
The bison (American buffalo) that provide our hot dogs roam the South Dakota prairie, grazing freely on native grasses.
Their lean, healthy meat packs a big protein punch, plus a fat profile better than conventional beef’s.
Better yet, the ranchers’ land and animal management practices protect native prairie plants and animals. For more information, see "The Wild Idea story”, below.
We’re proud to present a perfectly natural, delicious protein that offers many advantages:
Nutritional and culinary
- Sweet, delicious, exceptionally healthful meat
- More protein per ounce vs. conventional beef
- 3.5 times more omega-3 fatty acids than grain-fed bison
- Fewer calories and less fat or cholesterol than conventional beef or chicken
Eco and animal welfare
- Humane animal husbandry
- Sustainable methods of ranching
- Better lives for an iconic American animal
- No pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, or hormones
- Restoration of more than 100,000 acres of prairie
- Fights climate change by preserving carbon-storing plants
The Wild Idea story
Our bison (American buffalo) burgers come from the Wild Idea Buffalo Company, founded in 1997 by longtime wildlife biologist and rancher Dan O’Brien.
Dan and his wife Jill run the Cheyenne River Ranch, located just west of the Badlands National Park and north of the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
They’ve encouraged Native American ranches to join their co-op, thereby assisting economic recovery among Native families.
Their mission is to preserve the Great Plains ecosystem by returning buffalo back to their native homeland.
As they say, "By aligning our actions with nature, we are able to restore the health of the prairies, care for the animals, and keep carbon safely stored underground, while providing healthy, 100% grass-fed meat that can be consumed with a clear conscience.”
Average Ratings: 4Write a ReviewDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect the views and opinions of customers and not those of Vital Choice. Vital Choice does not verify or endorse any health-based claims made in these reviews. Reviews containing health claims will be removed.
"So disappointed" Review: After eating the spectacular salmon dogs, thought we'd give the bison a try. They are very tough and paled in flavor compared to the salmon dogs. Won't purchase again. Hello Kevin, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear your disappointment in your recent order of our Bison Hotdogs. I do see our Customer Service Team has taken care of you, regarding this order. Thank you, The Vital Choice Team
"Very good bison hot dogs" Review: My husband and I enjoyed the bison hot dogs..very tasty. Will purchase again.
"Bison Hot Dog" Review: Good
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients:
100% Grass-fed Bison, water, free binder (modified potato starch, trehalose*, carrot fiber), sea salt, organic cane sugar, organic paprika, organic onion powder, organic garlic powder, organic ground mustard, organic coriander, organic black pepper, cultured celery powder (a natural anti-microbial agent).
*Trehalose is a naturally occurring sugar found in mushrooms, algae, and various plants. It’s used to help retain moisture, and is about half as sweet as sucrose.
Nutrition FactsBison Hot-DogsServing Size 1 hotdogNumber of servings: About 8
Amount Per ServingCalories 150 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*Total Fat 11g 17%Saturated Fat 5g 25%Trans Fat 0gCholesterol 35mg 12%Sodium 420mg 18%Total Carbohydrate 2g 1%Dietary Fiber 0g 0%Sugars 1gProtein 10g
Vitamin A 2% • Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 4% • Iron 6%
Keep refrigerated or frozen.
- Frozen hotdogs should be consumed within six months.
- Refrigerated hot dogs should be consumed within two weeks.
Because our bison hot dogs are leaner than standard beef or pork hot dogs, be careful not to overcook them.
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.