Smoked Pacific Blue Mussels
2.75 oz cans | Product #CSM103
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
- Sustainably harvested
- Added ingredients are certified organic (except salt and citric acid)
- Easy-Open Lid
- Product of USA (WA)
Please Note: Despite great care, shell fragments may infrequently occur.
Our smoked Pacific Blue mussels (Mytilus trossulus) are the sweetest and meatiest you’ll ever taste.
We’ve tweaked the flavor until it’s just right – not too salty or smoky – and added select organic seasonings.
These scrumptious treats can be enjoyed right out of the can, with a little cheese and dill on a cracker, or in pasta dishes, seafood stews, or a straight smoked-mussel chowder. Delish!
Average Ratings: 4.5
"Wow!!" Review: Coming from Washington State I am very picky on my Seafood now living in Arizona vital choice is my go-to for smoked mussels and sardines
"Stunning!" Review: These mussels even though they are canned are a delicacy as Hors D’Oeuvres or any dish..Flavorful and delicate taste..Awesome!
"Tender and Delicious" Review: Truly a delicacy
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients:
Pacific Blue mussels, Organic onion powder, Organic garlic powder, Organic high-oleic sunflower oil, Organic brown sugar, Sea salt, Citric acid, Natural wood smoke
1 servings per per containerServing Size1 can (78g)
Amount/serving% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4g 5%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 65mg 22%
Sodium 440mg 19%
Amount/serving% Daily Value*
Carbohydrates 2g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Total Sugars 1g
Includes 1g Added Sugars 2%
Protein 16g 32%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.Calories per serving110Contains 1080mg omega-3 fatty acids per 78g serving. 625mg EPA 400mg DHA
RecipesSmoked Mussel and Mushroom LinguiniServes two2 cans Smoked Mussels, drained2 strips bacon, chopped into pieces (pork, turkey, or salmon)1/2 cup mushrooms (e.g., crimini, chanterelle, shittake)3 cloves garlicHeavy cream or half-and-half1 fresh tomato, dicedLinguini for two
Smoked Mussels and LentilsAccompany this dish with a salad and a toasted (oiled or buttered) baguette.Serves two1 can Smoked Mussels, drained1/2 cup finely diced onions1/2 cup finely diced red pepper1 can lentils (15 oz), drained (or an equivalent amount of cooked lentils)1 can diced tomatoes, drained1 tsp chopped fresh thymeFreshly cracked pepper, to tasteJuice of 1 lemonChopped Italian parsley, for garnish
- Saute the bacon and garlic until nearly done.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for a minute more.
- Add the mussels and cream to taste (go easy).
- Add the tomato, saute for another minute, and set pan aside.
- Cook the linguini al dente (with dried herbs if you like; e.g., tarragon, thyme, basil, sage, oregano)
- Reheat the pan contents, and spoon over each serving of pasta.
- In a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat add the olive oil, onions, and peppers, and sauté for 5 to 8 minutes or until the onions are transluscent.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the lentils, tomatoes, mussels, and thyme and sauté for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Season with pepper and lemon juice, garnish with fresh parsley.
Our Smoked Mussels will keep for up to 5 years if kept in a cool place.
- Add to a simple salad or antipasto.
- Serve on pizza with a caponata base.
- Add to a puttanesca sauce with tomatoes, capers and basil.
- Serve with crackers or as a topping for toasted bread (bruschetta), with diced tomatoes, basil, and grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.
To moderate the taste and add lusciouness and healthful antioxidants, drain the mussels well and toss with organic extra virgin olive oil (you can also add a touch of dried herbs, such as oregano, tarragon, sage, or thyme).
ShippingNon-perishable goods ship via Ground service Monday - Friday (except holidays) and normally arrive in 3-7 days, depending upon destination.
Non-perishable shipments to Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, and
Northern California may arrive faster, in 1 or 2 days.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
address, including non-perishables sent to Alaska and Hawaii.
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost more; for
more information on this and all shipping topics, see our Shipping page.