Copper River King Salmon
6 oz portions, skin-on/boneless |
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Free Shipping
- Certified Kosher (EarthK). Approved for Passover.
- Certified sustainably harvested by MSC
- Boneless / Skin-on Fillet Portions
- Unrivaled richness and lusciousness
What makes Copper River king so amazingly rich?
Unique circumstances give Copper River king salmon its unsurpassed oil content and richness.
The Copper River is the 10th largest river in the United States …a massive, mile-wide monster that drains 24,000 square miles of Alaskan territory and drops an average of 12 feet per mile.
After spending from one to five years at sea, king salmon born in the Copper River must swim 300 miles upstream against a speedy seven mile-per-hour current and through rapids and narrow, fast-rushing canyons to reach their spawning grounds.
Migrating salmon do not feed during their epic upstream struggle … and over thousands of years, Copper River kings acquired the instinct to accumulate the extra "fuel" reserves needed to reach their distant spawning grounds.
Because their epic effort requires such huge fat stores, these "thoroughbreds" among wild salmon grow rapidly in the ocean, often doubling their weight during a single summer season.
As a consequence, Copper River king salmon is incredibly luscious, with twice the fat of other wild salmon per serving, and 25 percent more fat than other king salmon.
King salmon nutrition
In addition to ample protein, king salmon offers abundant omega-3s, as well as unrivaled levels of vitamin D and astaxanthin (as-tuh-zan-thin) … a carotene-class red-orange pigment with rare health benefits.
Average Ratings: 5Write a ReviewDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect the views and opinions of customers and not those of Vital Choice. Vital Choice does not verify or endorse any health-based claims made in these reviews. Reviews containing health claims will be removed.
"Best Salmon I've ever had" Review: This is by far the best salmon I've ever had! I'm really not much of a fish eater and usually struggle to enjoy salmon, but this was out of the park amazing! Will order again for sure.
"OMG, Heaven" Review: We eat salmon in some form every day, and the Copper River King is by far the best salmon I ever tasted! Definitely worth the extra $$$.
"Sublime" Review: This was the most delicious salmon we have ever had. Sweet, flaky, perfectly cooked following Vital Choice direction. We savored every single bite. As far as we are concerned, the Copper River King Salmon is absolutely worth the price.
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients: Wild Alaskan king (chinook) salmon
Nutrition FactsWild Copper River King Salmon - 6 oz portionsServing Size 6 oz (170g)
Amount Per ServingCalories 304 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*Total Fat 17g 26%Saturated Fat 5g 25%Trans Fat 0gCholesterol 85mg 28%Sodium 80mg 3%Total Carbohydrate 0gDietary Fiber 0gSugars 0gProtein 34g
Total Omega-3s 3370
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C).
Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months.
Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place unopened package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible.
Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package).
Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.