Fraser River Sockeye Salmon
6 oz portions, skin-on/boneless |
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Boneless, skin-on portions
- Individually vacuum-packed
- MSC Certified Sustainable fishery
- Certified Kosher (Earth-K)
- Product of Canada
The length of a salmon’s birth river directly governs the amount of fat the salmon must accumulate before beginning its journey upstream to spawn and die.
Longer rivers mean more fat, and more fat means more flavor — plus more omega-3 fatty acids.
What makes Fraser River sockeye special?
From its source on the British Columbia-Alberta border, the Fraser River flows 854 miles — three times longer than Alaska's Copper River, another birthplace to extra-rich salmon.
The Fraser’s tributaries and headwater lakes are the spawning grounds of several species of salmon, and this river ranks as the biggest source of salmon borne in British Columbia.
Fraser sockeye spend their first two years in the river, then swim out to sea where they mature over another two years, getting steadily bigger and fattier.
Once fully matured, they return to the Fraser and swim upstream to their original birth waters, where they spawn and die, allowing the cycle to begin again.
Average Ratings: 5Write a ReviewDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect the views and opinions of customers and not those of Vital Choice. Vital Choice does not verify or endorse any health-based claims made in these reviews. Reviews containing health claims will be removed.
"Delicious" Review: This salmon is amazing!!! Cooked it in the air fryer for about 12 minutes with just olive oil, salt, and garlic. Was delicious. Definitely a new favorite and will order again!!
"As good as Copper River Red" Review: I always buy a LOT of Copper River Red, my favorite, but I tried 1 of these with a recent order and will be ordering a supply. I only got 1 portion, but it cooked beautifully (I pan sear, oven finish) and taste was superb!
"Amazing salmon" Review: I'm a long time Vital Choice customer and have eaten a lot of your sockeye salmon over the years but this is some of the best ever. Thanks for making it available to us!
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients:
Wild Pacific Sockeye Salmon
Nutrition FactsSockeye Salmon, Skin-On/Boneless PortionsServing Size 6 oz. (170g)Number of servings: 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 290 Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*Total Fat 16g 21%Saturated Fat 3g 15%Trans Fat 0gCholesterol 110mg 37%Sodium 190mg 8%Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%Dietary Fiber 0g 0%Sugars 0g Includes 0g Added Sugars 0%Protein 36g 72%
Vitamin D 27mcg • 140%
Calcium 25mg • 2%
Iron .8mg • 4%
Potassium 610mg • 15%
Total omega-3 fatty acids 2,000mg
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration below 38° F (3° C). Use within 12 hours for best results. To quick-thaw, place unopened frozen package in cool water for 30 minutes or until fish is flexible.
Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.