Omega-3 Therapy + Vitamin D3
850mg softgels, high potency, 180 ct | Product #NSE301
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
- New look, same great product!
- Fish gelatin softgels
- Organic lemon oil added
- Easy-swallow 850mg size
- MSC-certified sustainable
- 2000 IU Vitamin D3 per serving
- 1,010mg EPA+DHA per serving
- 1,180mg total omega-3s per serving
- NSF Tested & Certified
- Molecularly distilled and concentrated
- Sourced from sustainable Alaskan pollock
- Natural, triglyceride-form marine omega-3s
- No dairy, starch, wheat, yeast, sugar, or soy protein
- No artificial preservatives, additives, or colors
- Product of USA
Our High-Potency supplement provides above-average amounts of omega-3 DHA + EPA and vitamin D3.
This makes it ideal for people who want or need higher doses, and provides them with just two softgel capsules daily.
Certified pure, with concentrated omega-3s
The oil in our Omega-3 + Vitamin D3 Therapy softgels comes from wild-caught pollock ... an extraordinarily pure fish from pristine Pacific Northwest waters.
And our oil undergoes a safe separation process called molecular distillation, to accomplish two goals:
- Concentrate the oil's omega-3s, so that just two softgels provide the amount recommended to most heart patients.
- Reduce contaminants to the levels deemed safe by the U.S. FDA and public health authorities worldwide (i.e., minuscule or non-detectable amounts).
To keep the oil fresh and healthful, we add natural, non-GMO mixed tocopherols (vitamin E complex) and natural astaxanthin.
Astaxanthin is the carotenoid-class orange pigment – and highly potent antioxidant – found in algae, shellfish, and wild salmon.
These unique attributes make Vital Choice Sockeye Salmon Oil a rare, powerfully health-promoting omega-3 supplement. NSF International certifies that our Sockeye Salmon Oil provides the omega-3 levels stated on the label.
Omega-3 health benefits
The U.S. FDA has approved two qualified health claims regarding omega-3 EPA and DHA:
- Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Consuming EPA and DHA combined may reduce blood pressure and reduce the risk of hypertension, a risk factor for CHD (coronary heart disease). However, FDA has concluded that the evidence is inconsistent and inconclusive.
The long-chain omega-3s (EPA and DHA) found only in seafood – and in supplemental fish and krill oils – are essential to human life and support optimal health in key organs, systems, and life stages.*
- Eye health
- Joint health
- Brain health
- Heart health
- Circulatory health
- Healthy skin & hair
- Healthy triglycerides
Recommended intakes of vitamin D
The U.S. Recommended Daily Allowances for vitamin D are 400 IU from birth to 12 months, 600 IU for ages 1-70 years (and for pregnant and breastfeeding women) and 800 IU for age 71-plus.
However, leading vitamin D researchers worldwide recommend consuming 1000 to 2000 IU per day, to ensure adequate blood levels*.
The official U.S. upper-intake limits are 1,000/day to 1,500 IU/day for infants under one year, 2,500 to 3,000 IU/day for children 1-8 years, and 4,000 IU/day for everyone aged 9 years or older, including pregnant or lactating women.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5
"D plus the omegas" Review: I live the vitamin d and the omegas, all in one.
"The best there is, and recommended by physicians" Review: Our eye surgeon said that we needed this for eye health, and we take them religiously.
"Omega 3+ Vitamin D" Review: Been using this for years and I get the benefits of both fish oil and Vitamin D. I used to be deficient in vitamin D bit no more thanks to Vital Choice.
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients:
Wild Alaskan pollock oil, Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol), organic lemon oil, natural astaxanthin (Haematococcus pluvialis extract), natural, non-GMO mixed tocopherols, softgel capsule (fish gelatin, glycerin, purified water).
Supplement FactsServ. Size: 2 Softgels90 Servings per container
Amount per serving% Daily Value**
Calories 20 Total Fat 1g 2% % % Vitamin D 50mcg 250% Wild Alaskan Pollock oil 1680mg ↑ Total Om3 Fatty Acids 1180mg ↑ EPA (Eicosapentaenoic) 670mg ↑ DHA (Docosahexaenoic) 340mg ↑
Product has been sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal on cap is broken. Store in a cool, dry place.
You can refrigerate or freeze the oil, though there is no need, except in excessively warm room conditions.
Adults take two softgels daily, preferably with a meal, or as recommended by a healthcare professional. Keep out of reach of children.
This advice is based on intake recommendations from authoritative scientific bodies. Click here to see official omega-3 intake recommendations.
It is best to take our Hi-Potency Omega-3 Therapy fish oil with a meal.
Hi-Potency Omega-3 Therapy fish oil should be taken at the recommended dose. Consult with your physician before taking substantially higher doses, or taking this product if you are pregnant, diabetic, allergic to fish or iodine, using blood thinners, have a diagnosed cardiac condition or immune disorder, or anticipate surgery.
Omega-3s for Mothers, Infants, and Children
Here is what widely respected pediatrician and omega-3 expert William Sears, M.D. told us in respose to our question on this subject:
- "... experts attending a 2005 workshop recommended at least 300 mg a day for pregnant and nursing mothers (most mothers get only 20-25% of this amount, unless they take omega-3 fish oil supplements). In our medical practice we have mothers take at least 500 mg of DHA per day during pregnancy and lactation."
- "The recommendation for infants is at least 200mg of DHA per day, which is the dosage added to infant formulas."
- "Practically speaking, infants under one year old receive their omega-3s through mother's milk or fortified formula, but it is perfectly safe and perhaps even beneficial for infants to be given extra Vital Choice fish oil at a dose of around 300 mg a day of DHA. I stress DHA rather than EPA because DHA is the main brain growth omega-3."
NOTE: There are as yet no official omega-3 intake recommendations for children over two years of age, so please consult your pediatrician. A dose of 300 mg of DHA would be provided by 2 of our 850mg capsules.
CAUTION: If your child has never had fish or fish oil, please check for seafood allergies (which are uncommon) by rubbing some fish oil on his or her skin, in a less sensitive area such as the lower leg.
Fish oils and blood thinners
The omega-3s in fish oil possess properties associated with "blood thinning", but according to research by American Heart Association (AHA) consultant William Harris, Ph.D., they do not appear to pose any risk to persons taking blood-thinning drugs (e.g., Coumadin).
To learn more about this research, published in the American Journal of Cardiology, see "Can Fish Oil Cause Bleeding Risks?".
PLEASE NOTE: The U.S. FDA has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
ShippingNon-perishable goods ship via Ground service Monday - Friday (except holidays) and normally arrive in 3-7 days, depending upon destination.
Non-perishable shipments to Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, and
Northern California may arrive faster, in 1 or 2 days.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
address, including non-perishables sent to Alaska and Hawaii.
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost more; for
more information on this and all shipping topics, see our Shipping page.