Wild Ivory King Salmon
6 oz portions, skin-on/boneless |
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Certified Kosher (EarthK) Approved for Passover
- Line-caught for superior quality
- Sustainably harvested
- Wild Pacific King Salmon
King Salmon is the richest, most luscious of all Pacific salmon species — and a very few of these fabulous fish feature a striking ivory hue.
To capture its fresh-caught quality, our king salmon is line-harvested from small boats, immediately iced, and then flash-frozen within a few hours of leaving the wate
Try it pan-seared or baked for a memorable dinner centerpiece ... click the Serving tab and Recipes tab for more tips and ideas!
King salmon nutrition
In addition to ample protein, King salmon provide three beneficial natural food factors in abundance per 6 oz portion, and will vary annually and by harvest location:
- Omega-3s — Provides six to 13 times more than the minimum daily EPA+DHA intake recommended by most world health authorities (250-500mg).
- Vitamin D3 – Provides one- to two-thirds of the child-to-adult US RDA (600 IU) ... more than almost all other fish, and far more than any fortified food.
- Astaxanthin — About 1.49 mg (regular red king only). This red-orange pigment is a carotenoid-class nutrient with unique health benefits. Astaxanthin content varies by color: Red King portions offer the most while Ivory King portions have the least.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5Write a ReviewDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect the views and opinions of customers and not those of Vital Choice. Vital Choice does not verify or endorse any health-based claims made in these reviews. Reviews containing health claims will be removed.
"a great sauce for this fish" Review: This fish is AMAZING. Here is a classic French style five minute sauce that's perfect for it, made in the time it takes to bake the fish: in a small pot saute minced shallot in a little butter for about a minute, add white wine and simmer down a little for a minute, then add fresh lemon juice and simmer another minute or less, then "monter au beurre" - turn off the flame and add pieces of cold butter (from the fridge, just not room temp) while stirring continuously until it turns opaque/creamy. Salt and white pepper. Done.
"IMHO...the best salmon ever!" Review: AS long as Vital Choice has offered Ivory King, I have eating it....bake @ approx 8-9 minutes...succulent...melts in your mouth!
"ivory king salmon" Review: I did mine on a plank,which kept it moist and grilled it with a Dejon mustard-honey sauce. Hmmmm good.
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients: Wild Pacific King (Chinook) Salmon
Nutrition FactsIvory King SalmonServing Size 6 oz (170g)
Amount Per ServingCalories 295 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*Total Fat 18g 27%Saturated Fat 5g 26%Trans Fat 0gCholesterol 85mg 28%Sodium 80mg 3%Total Carbohydrate 0gDietary Fiber 0gSugars 0gProtein 34g
Vitamin A 10% • Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 4% • Iron 2%
RecipesAnise-Cilantro Salmon Sauté Baked Salmon Steaks with Oyster Mushrooms; Smoked Sockeye Salmon Hors d' œuvres Bourbon and Maple-Glazed Salmon Braised Salmon with Vegetables in Wine Sauce Brazilian Salmon Stew (Moqueca) Cashew Salmon with Couscous and Yogurt Sauce Cool Salmon Salad Grilled or Broiled Salmon with Southwest-Style Blueberry Salsa Grilled Salmon with Avocado-Tarragon Sauce; Halibut with Red Pepper Sauce Grilled/Broiled Wild Alaskan Salmon on Lemon-Butter Greens Marinated Mediterranean Salmon Mediterranean Grilled Salmon Mediterranean Salmon Pan-Roasted Salmon with Mushrooms Poached Salmon with Greens and Mustard Sauce Salmon and Spinach Pasta Marinara Salmon Chinoise with Spicy Cucumber Salad Salmon with a Fennel, Onion, White Bean Salad and Orange-Tomato Sauce Salmon with Bean-Dill Rice Salmon with Lentils Salmon, Corn, and Black Bean Chili Salmon-Asparagus Linguine Sockeye Salmon Salad Sandwiches Southwest Salmon Frittata Spanish Salmon Bake Triple-Citrus Ginger Sockeye Salmon with Moroccan Pesto Vital Recipe: Wild Salmon Kedgeree Walnut Stuffed Salmon Wild Alaska Salmon with Japanese Noodles Wild Salmon Baked in Parchment with Avocado-Garlic Sauce Wild Salmon with Blackberry Compote Wild Sockeye Salmon and Warm Vegetable Salad
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.