King Salmon Candy
5 oz portions, skin-on/boneless | Product #SKC501
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
- Skin-on / boneless*
- 3-4 strips per 5 oz portion
- Certified Kosher (OU)
- No nitrites, artificial additives or preservatives
- Sustainably harvested
- Product of Canada
Salmon "candy" is a signature food of Northwest coastal communities.
We craft our King Salmon Candy using traditions perfected by native peoples over many generations.
First, premium wild king salmon is marinated in a light salt brine mixed with organic brown sugar.
Then it's slowly smoked over natural alder wood, where it acquires a sweet, smoky, irresistible glaze.
*Note: Despite great care, our salmon candy may infrequently contain small, edible bones.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5
"Not What It Use To Be" Review: King Salmon Candy is one of my favorite products that I order routinely. However, the recipe appears to have changed as the appearance and taste are noticeably different. Please bring the original recipe back or at least the option to purchase the original recipe or the new lighter version. - Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear you are not enjoying this current harvest as much as your past orders. This feedback will be shared with out product team. Thank you!
"Delicious" Review: Very tasty & convenient. Either as is or mixed in with another dish for a quick combination. Either way it goes quickly.
"Ideal Snack" Review: King Salmon Candy is an ideal snack when you are hungry but want to eat something healthy. It thaws out quickly and can be eaten alone, with a salad, or as a sandwich with mustard and cheese.
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients:
Wild Pacific King Salmon, organic brown sugar, sea salt, natural hardwood smoke (alder).
Nutrition FactsKing Salmon CandyServing Size 2 oz (57g)Number of servings: 2.5
Amount Per ServingCalories 140 Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*Total Fat 5g 6%Saturated Fat 1.2g 6%Trans Fat 0g 0gCholesterol 30mg 10%Sodium 510mg 22%Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%Dietary Fiber 0g 0%Sugars 4g Includes 4g Added Sugars 8%Protein 18g 36%
Total Omega 3s 1400mg
Vitamin D 7mcg • 35%
Calcium 7mg • 0%
Iron .3mg • 2%
Potassium 230mg • 4%
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
- Smoked salmon is as safe as cooked fish, thanks to the natural, salt-mediated curing process and flash-freezing.
- Serve on a bialy, whole grain bagel, thin-sliced dark rye bread, or crisp rye cracker such as Wasa Bread.
- Spread the bagel, bread, or cracker with light cream cheese or avocado and top the salmon with thin tomato slices and/or capers and fresh basil leaves.
- Crumble chunks into scrambled eggs with chopped, quick-sautéed chives, scallions, or bell peppers.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page.