King Salmon Candy
5 oz portions, skin-on/boneless | Product #SKC501
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
- Skin-on / boneless*
- 3-4 strips per 5 oz portion
- Certified Kosher (OU)
- No nitrites, artificial additives or preservatives
- Sustainably harvested
- Product of Canada
Salmon "candy" is a signature food of Northwest coastal communities.
We craft our King Salmon Candy using traditions perfected by native peoples over many generations.
First, premium wild king salmon is marinated in a light salt brine mixed with organic brown sugar.
Then it's slowly smoked over natural alder wood, where it acquires a sweet, smoky, irresistible glaze.
*Note: Despite great care, our salmon candy may infrequently contain small, edible bones.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5
"smoky sweet" Review: This tasted more like smoked salmon than "candy." It definitely had the sugar flavor on top of it, but I much prefer the regular smoked salmon flavor.
"Excellent" Review: My whole family loves the King Salmon Candy. I was totally surprised. From the eldest to the youngest. Best way to eat salmon.
"Salmon Candy" Review: Delicious. Good quick source of protein
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients:
Wild Pacific King Salmon, organic brown sugar, sea salt, natural hardwood smoke (alder).
2 1/2 Servings per containerServing Size2 oz (57g)
Amount per servingCalories140
% Daily Value**
Total Fat 5g 6%
Saturated Fat 1.2g 6%
Trans Fat 0
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 510mg 22%
Carbohydrate 4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Total Sugars 4g
Includes 4g Added Sugars 8%
Protein 18g 36%
Vitamin D 7µg 35% • Calcuim 7mg 0%
Iron 0.3mg 2% • Potassium 230mg 4%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in
a serving of food contributes to a daily diet 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.Contains 1400mg omega-3 fatty acids per 57 serving. 400mg EPA 600mg DHA
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
- Smoked salmon is as safe as cooked fish, thanks to the natural, salt-mediated curing process and flash-freezing.
- Serve on a bialy, whole grain bagel, thin-sliced dark rye bread, or crisp rye cracker such as Wasa Bread.
- Spread the bagel, bread, or cracker with light cream cheese or avocado and top the salmon with thin tomato slices and/or capers and fresh basil leaves.
- Crumble chunks into scrambled eggs with chopped, quick-sautéed chives, scallions, or bell peppers.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page.