Wild Pacific King Salmon
6 oz portions, skinless/boneless | Product #KSP601
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
- Certified Kosher (EarthK) Approved for Passover
- Line-caught for superior quality
- Sustainably harvested
- Product of USA (Alaska) or Canada (British Columbia)
King (chinook) salmon is the richest, most luscious member of the Pacific salmon family, with the highest omega-3 levels.
Line-caught on small boats, our king salmon is iced immediately and flash-frozen to preserve its fresh-caught quality.
Pure and wholesome
Wild Pacific salmon ranks among the purest of all ocean fish, which is why the EPA, FDA, Alaska Division of Public Health, and consumer organizations recommend it without reservation. To learn more, visit our Purity page.
King salmon nutrition
Wild king (Chinook) salmon top all wild species for fat and omega-3 content, and is very rich in vitamin D.
In addition to ample protein, king salmon offers unrivaled levels of omega-3s, and abounds in vitamin D and the beneficial red-orange, carotenoid-class antioxidant pigment called astaxanthin (as-tuh-zan-thin).
These amounts are per 6 oz portion, and will vary annually and by harvest location:
- Omega-3s – Provides six to 13 times more than the minimum daily EPA+DHA intake recommended by most world health authorities (250-500mg).
- Vitamin D3 – Provides one- to two-thirds of the child-to-adult US RDA (600 IU) ... more than almost all other fish, and far more than any fortified food.
- Astaxanthin – About 1.49 mg (red king). This red-orange pigment is a carotenoid-class nutrient with unique health benefits. Astaxanthin content varies by color: King portions have the most while Ivory King portions have the least.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5
"BEST SALMON EVER!" Review: Next to catching fish yourself and eating it onshore, it doesn't get any better than Vital Choice. In today's world when you have to be so careful about where your food comes from, Vital Choice has earned my trust. Their products and customer service are the best.
"wild king salmon" Review: This is the best tasting Salmon I've ever had. I have histamine issues and tolerated this salmon without any problems!
"High quality" Review: I quick-fried portions of the salmon and cod, in some butter, lemon, and Ponzu sauce, and it was the best fish I have tasted in a very long time. Beware over cooking.
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients: Wild Pacific King (Chinook) Salmon
1 Servings per containerServing Size6 oz. portion (170g)
Amount per servingCalories300
% Daily Value**
Total Fat 17g 22%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 85mg 28%
Sodium 80mg 3%
Carbohydrates 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Total Sugars 0g
Includes 0g Added Sugars 0%
Protein 34g 68%
Vitamin D 25µg 120% • Calcuim 50mg 4%
Iron 0.6mg 2% • Potassium 400mg 8%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in
a serving of food contributes to a daily diet 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.Contains 3370mg omega-3 fatty acids per 170g serving. 1710mg EPA 1600mg DHA
RecipesPan-Seared Halibut with Beans, Basil, and Asparagus Alaska Salmon with Gnocchi and Roasted Red Pepper Alaska Salmon with Orange Vinaigrette Alaskan Salmon and White Bean Salad Alaskan Salmon Salad Monterey Alaskan Salmon with Apricot-Chili Glaze Alaskan Salmon with Copper River Barbecue Sauce Alaskan Salmon with Sweet-Smokey-Spicy Rub Anise-Cilantro Salmon Sauté Braised Ivory King Salmon with Cilantro Broiled Salmon with Pine Nuts Broiled Wild Salmon with Miso Glaze Canned Sockeye Salmon Rice Pilaf with Peas, Asparagus, and Mint Citrus Pepper Broiled Salmon with Fresh Tomato Salsa Citrus-Accented Wild Alaska Salmon with Haricot Vertes Citrus-Poached Salmon with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce Cool Salmon Salad Coriander Salmon with Coconut-Tomato Salsa Creamy Bean and Salmon Soup Curry Grilled Salmon Dr. Sears' Baked Fish Turning Island Ginger Honey-Glazed Salmon Ginger-Infused Salmon Green-Tea-Crusted Salmon Grilled or Broiled Salmon with Berry Sauce Grilled or Broiled Salmon with Southwest-Style Blueberry Salsa Grilled Spice-Rubbed Marinated Halibut or Salmon Grilled/Broiled Salmon with Mustard Sauce and Tomato Concassé Halibut with Rosemary, Orange and Garlic Herb Crusted Salmon with Pistou Herb-Crusted Salmon Recipe Lemony Halibut with Greens Marinated Mediterranean Salmon Mediterranean Salmon Salad Moroccan King Salmon North African Style Alaska Salmon North African Style Alaskan Salmon Olive Oil Poached Salmon with Chunky Mashed Potatoes Olive Oil Poached Salmon with Chunky Mashed Potatoes Orange Balsamic Basil Marinated Salmon Pan-Roasted Salmon with Mushrooms Pan-Seared King Salmon with Dijon-Orange Compound Butter Persian Kebabs with Salmon or Tuna Pesto Salmon and Veggies En Papillote Poached Citrus Salmon Poached Salmon with Spinach Randy's Easy Seasoned Salmon Roasted Salmon and Tomatoes with Caramelized Lemons Roasted Salmon with Fresh Salsa Roasted Salmon with Sundried Tomato Crust Salmon & Sweet Potato Fishcakes Salmon and Spinach Pasta Marinara Salmon Caesar and Grilled Salmon with Mango Chutney Salmon en Papillote - Viking Cooking Video Salmon Garam Masala Salmon Mushroom Risotto Salmon on a Bed of Leeks Salmon on a Bed of Lentils Salmon with a Fennel, Onion, White Bean Salad and Orange-Tomato Sauce Salmon with Almond Pesto Salmon with Ginger Salsa Salmon with Saffron Sauce Sesame Ginger Salmon Shanghai Stir-Fry Salmon Shaved Fennel, Lemon, and Arugula Salad with Pan-Seared Salmon Sockeye Salmon Salad Sandwiches South Asian Salmon with Cucumber Relish Spiced Alaska Salmon with Cilantro and Fruit Salsa Spicy Wild Salmon Wraps Tequila Salmon with Salad Teriyaki-Wasabi Salmon Triple-Citrus Ginger Sockeye Salmon with Moroccan Pesto Tuscan Salmon Pasta with Beans Tuscan Salmon Pasta with Beans Wild Salmon Salad Monterey Wild Salmon with Curry Spices Wild Salmon with Orange & Greens Wild Salmon with Roasted Vegetables
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible.Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius)
Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.