Live Manila Clams
5 lb. |
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- About 100–125 clams per 5 lb order
- Add other items to your cart totaling $99 for Free standard shipping
- Medium size (1.5 - 1.75" long)
Our live Manila Clams are eco-grown in certified-clean ocean waters in Washington's Puget Sound.
The clams grow in bags hung from a floating shellfish raft, until they're custom-harvested to fill your order.
Their fresh quality rivals the results of donning clam diggers and rooting around in heavy sand ... without all that work!
Easy and safe to enjoy
Our Manila clams (Tapes phillipinarum) are totally free of sand or grit.
Before the clams are harvested, each batch is tested and certified safe by the State of Washington.
Average Ratings: 5Write a ReviewDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect the views and opinions of customers and not those of Vital Choice. Vital Choice does not verify or endorse any health-based claims made in these reviews. Reviews containing health claims will be removed.
"Wonderful live Manila Clams" Review: These clams arrived fresh and well-packed. They were so many (and no sand), although opening all of them by hand was surely a labor of love on my part. I made my famous clam chowder, sharing w/ two neighbors. They adored the freshness of the clams. No replacement for "fresh" clams! Next time I order these, I'll be making clams w/ wine/garlic sauce.
"purchaser" Review: Your clams were so fantastic, I had to place a second order
"Lots of Clams" Review: Tiny but delicious
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients: Manila clams (Tapes phillipinarum)
Nutrition FactsPacific Manila clamsServing Size 3 oz (85g)Number of servings: Varies
Amount Per ServingCalories 120 Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*Total Fat 2g 3%Saturated Fat 0g 0Trans Fat 0g 0Cholesterol 57mg 19%Sodium 95mg 4%Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%Dietary Fiber 0g 0%Sugars 0gProtein 22g
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 31% Calcium 8% Iron 132%
Total Omega-3s 329mg
Serving/CareStorage and handling
Properly cared for, live shellfish can be held up to 5 days.
However, as with any fresh food, the sooner you enjoy our clams, the better.
Note: Consuming raw shellfish presents a risk to persons with compromised immunity.
- The clams are alive, and you need to keep them alive until they are cooked or served.
- As soon as possible, place on (not under) ice and store in the refrigerator at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- We recommend that you place the net bag of clams in a colander or other self-draining container, and place that self-draining container inside a larger, closed container to catch any liquid.
- Cover the clams with a damp cloth or towel to keep them from drying out. Again, do not cover or bury the clams in ice.
- If prolonged storage is necessary, replenish the ice, remove any water from melted ice, and re-moisten the towel frequently.
- If you put the clams in a plastic bag, make sure that the top is open or that there are holes in the bag to allow the shellfish to breath.
- Using your nose is the best way to check for freshness, If clams smell fresh, like the sea, they are likely still in very good condition. Discard any off-smelling clams.
- Sometimes the shells of clams will gape open just a bit in order to get more air. If you see this and are wondering if they are still alive, simply squeeze them shut; discard any clams that spring right back open again.
- Free shipping on orders of $99 or more applies to our standard deliveries to the United States.
- Shipping is calculated separately for each delivery address.
- Non-Perishable Foods (canned and dry) are shipped via Ground and normally arrive within 3 to 7 business days, depending upon destination.
- Frozen Foods ship via 1- to 3-Day Express Ground Service, or 2nd Day Air Service Monday - Wednesday, depending on destination.
- Live shellfish only ship Monday through Thursday. Orders must be placed before 5 p.m. PST the previous day.
- Sunday orders arrive Tuesday
- Monday orders arrive Wednesday
- Tuesday orders arrive Thursday
- Wednesday orders arrive Friday
- To arrange for specific delivery time frames, please call 800-608-4825 to place your order.