Macadamia Nut Oil
16.9 fl oz bottle, cold-pressed |
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Certified Kosher OU
- Cold-pressed, unrefined
- Product of Kenya
Health benefits of Macadamia Nut Oil
- Like olive oil–but unlike most cooking oils–macadamia oil is very rich in monounsaturated fat (oleic acid), which has a neutral effect on blood fats, and may enhance uptake of nutrients from vegetables.
- Macadamia oil is also very low in the omega-6 fatty acids in which American diets are overabundant ... an excess that promotes chronic inflammation.
These attributes make macadamia oil a smart alternative to the most commonly used and omega-6-heavy cooking oils: corn, soy, safflower, sunflower, cottonseed. (Note: Like olive and macadamia nut oils, special "hi-oleic" sunflower oil is high in monounsaturated fat and low in omega-6 fats.)
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5Write a ReviewDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect the views and opinions of customers and not those of Vital Choice. Vital Choice does not verify or endorse any health-based claims made in these reviews. Reviews containing health claims will be removed.
"Macadamia Nut Oil" Review: Love it's flavor!
"nut oil" Review: Good.
"Delicious!" Review: I added this to some home made poke using Vital Choice Ahi and it was the best macadamia nut oil I've had yet. It's also very difficult to find in stores so the fact that Vital Choice carries it is very convenient!
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients: Macadamia Nut Oil
Nutrition FactsMacadamia Nut Oil - 16.9 fl ozServing Size 1 tbsp (15 ml / 0.51-oz.)Number of servings: 33
Amount Per ServingCalories 120 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*Total Fat 14g 22%Saturated Fat 2g 10%Trans Fat 0g 0%Cholesterol 0mg 0%Sodium 0mg 0%Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%Dietary Fiber 0g 0%Sugars 0g 0%Protein 0g 0%
For optimal freshness, keep your Macadamia Nut Oil in a cool, dark place, and use it within four months of opening. Or, keep it in your refrigerator for up to one year. Chilled Macadamia Nut Oil will become cloudy, with no harm to its flavor or nutrition value.
- Macadamia Nut Oil has a somewhat higher "smoke point" than olive oil, but it is still best to limit its cooking use to temperatures of 400 degrees or less.
- Macadamia Oil makes delicious dressings and dips, and you can add it to dishes after they’ve been cooked.
- Macadamia Oil is great on salads or drizzled on bread and crackers.
- Its versatility even extends beyond the kitchen: should the occasion require, it makes a superior massage and moisturizing oil.
ShippingNon-perishable goods ship via Ground service Monday - Friday (except holidays) and normally arrive in 3-7 days, depending upon destination.
Non-perishable shipments to Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, and
Northern California may arrive faster, in 1 or 2 days.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
address, including non-perishables sent to Alaska and Hawaii.
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost more; for
more information on this and all shipping topics, see our Shipping page.