Marbled King Salmon
6 oz portions, skin-on/boneless | Product #KMP606
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
- Certified Kosher; approved for Passover
- Line-caught for superior quality
- Sustainably harvested
- Product of USA (Alaska) or Canada (British Columbia)
Wild Pacific king (Chinook) salmon rank as the richest member of the Pacific salmon family — it tops all other species for fat and omega-3 content, and is very rich in vitamin D3.
To capture its fresh-caught quality, our king salmon is line-harvested from small boats, immediately iced, and then flash-frozen within a few hours of leaving the water.
Pure and wholesome
Wild Pacific salmon is among the purest of all ocean fish.
This is why the EPA, FDA, Alaska Division of Public Health, and consumer organizations recommend it without reservation. To learn more, visit our Purity page.
King salmon nutrition
In addition to ample protein, King salmon provides three beneficial natural food factors in abundance per 6 oz portion, which will vary annually and by harvest location:
- Omega-3s – Provides six to 13 times more than the minimum daily EPA+DHA intake recommended by most world health authorities (250-500mg).
- Vitamin D3 – Provides one- to two-thirds of the child-to-adult US RDA (600 IU) ... more than almost all other fish, and far more than any fortified food.
- Astaxanthin – About 1.49 mg (red king). This red-orange pigment is a carotenoid-class nutrient with unique health benefits. Red king has the most astaxanthin, ivory king has the least, and marbled king falls in between.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 4.5
"Good flavor, but..." Review: Flavor was good, but I didn't expect to have the messy job of scaling the fish for what you pay. I expect it's the same with all of their skin on salmon, so I would order skinless next time. Also, some pieces were much drier than others, seemed to depend on the coloration. Hello Susan, Thank you for sharing your Product Review. Our Customer Service Team will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss your order. The Vital Choice Team
"Excellent flavor" Review: We've been getting the regular king salmon, but with a recent promo, couldn't pass up the savings to give this a try. So glad we did! It is every bit as good as the regular King salmon, possibly a little milder in flavor, but still very tasty. We will be buying this again due to the savings.
"Very Good" Review: I bought this as a backup when VC ran out of the the regular King. It was good, milder flavored then the regular King, and we slightly prefer the regular King taste - that is a 5 star. We over glazed and over seasoned the first pieces we cooked since it is milder, but learned to cook to taste after that. Another plus, the marbled is a bit less expensive, but we placed an order today for the regular King since (as a matter of taste) that is our favorite salmon ever.
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients: Wild king (chinook) salmon
Nutrition FactsMarbled King Salmon Sknls-Bnls Portions - 6 ozServing Size 6 oz (170g)
Amount Per ServingCalories 295 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*Total Fat 18g 27%Saturated Fat 5g 26%Trans Fat 0 0Cholesterol 85mg 28%Sodium 80mg 3%Total Carbohydrate 0Dietary Fiber 0Sugars 0Protein 34g
Vitamin A 10% • Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 4% • Iron 2%
omega-3s per serving 3830 mg
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.