Wild Alaskan Halibut
4 oz portions, skinless/boneless | Product #FHP406
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
- Skinless & boneless*
- Sustainably harvested
- Product of USA (Alaska)
Because the purity of longer-lived predatory fish (like halibut) declines as they age, we procure only sustainably harvested Alaskan Halibut that weigh 20 lbs or less. This purity-focused policy also ensures that our halibut is more tender than most.
*Note: Despite great care, our halibut portions may infrequently contain small, edible bones.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5
"willd alaskan halibut" Review: great tasting fish
"Halibut" Review: Mild and delicious.
"Halibut is like gold!" Review: I appreciate the sustainable practices that Vital Choice supports. This halibut is the highest quality.
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients: Wild Alaskan halibut
Nutrition FactsAlaskan HalibutServing Size 4 oz. (112g)Number of servings: 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 124 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*Total Fat 3g 4%Saturated Fat 2%Trans Fat 0Cholesterol 76mg 25%Sodium 94mg 4%Total Carbohydrate 0Dietary Fiber 0Sugars 0Protein 25g
Total Omega-3s 506mg
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thawing instructionsThaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.