Wild Alaskan Silver Salmon
(Coho) Boneless/Skin-On Portions - 6 oz | Product #FSC601
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
- Certified Kosher (EarthK) Approved for Passover
- Sustainably harvested
- Skin-on / Boneless
- Product of USA (Alaska)
Line-caught and frozen at sea, our silver salmon offers fabulous, fresh-caught flavor.
To preserve its fresh-caught quality, our Silver salmon are line-caught on small boats, iced immediately and flash-frozen within a few hours of leaving the water. And our skin-on portions are great for grilling!
Pure and wholesome
Wild Alaskan salmon is among the purest of all ocean fish, which is why the EPA, FDA, Alaska Division of Public Health, and consumer organizations recommend it without reservation. To learn more, visit our Purity page.
While leaner than Sockeye or King, our Wild Alaskan Silver (Coho) salmon offers abundant omega-3s and vitamin D
Silver salmon nutrition
In addition to ample protein, Silver salmon provide three beneficial natural food factors in abundance per 6 oz portion, and will vary annually and by harvest location:
- Omega-3s – About 1,184mg of omega-3 EPA+DHA, or 3 to 7 times more than the minimum daily EPA+DHA intake recommended by most world health authorities (250-500mg).
- Vitamin D3 – About 747 IU in the optimal D3 form, which is more than most other fish, and more than any fortified food, approaching the child-to-adult US RDA of 600 IU.
- Astaxanthin – About 2.31mg. This red-orange pigment is a carotenoid-class nutrient with unique health benefits.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5
"Great for omega-3 rich diets" Review: I send these to my son who has high cholesterol and is trying to eat an omega-3 rich diet to lower it. He raves about them! Fixes them on the grill and yum. Delicious way to get healthy and move away from red meat.
"Silver salmon" Review: The thing I want to review is shipping. My last order came the other day, the dry ice was completely gone and the salmon just beginning to defrost. This is not the first time in cardboard box packaging. Never a problem in the white boxes. Thank you for your Product Review. I am sorry to hear that your order arrived late by your carrier. We have discontinued using Styrofoam and are transitioning to more eco-friendly materials. It is not uncommon for dry ice to evaporate during transit, but if an order ever shows up non- salvageable, we will always make it right for you. Thank you, The Vital Choice Team.
"Great" Review: This salmon was not fishy tasty at all. Perfect bite.
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients: Wild Alaskan Silver (Coho) Salmon
1 Servings per containerServing Size6 oz. portion (170g)
Amount per servingCalories240
% Daily Value**
Total Fat 10g 13%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 75mg 25%
Sodium 80mg 3%
Carbohydrates 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Total Sugars 0g
Includes 0g Added Sugars 0%
Protein 37g 74%
Vitamin D 20µg 100% • Calcuim 80mg 6%
Iron 0.9mg 4% • Potassium 400mg 8%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in
a serving of food contributes to a daily diet 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.Contains 2240mg omega-3 fatty acids per 170g serving. 730mg EPA • 1115mg DHA
RecipesAsian Noodles with Poached Salmon; Wild Salmon Burritos Pan-Seared Halibut with Beans, Basil, and Asparagus Salmon and Scallop Kabobs Alaska Salmon with Orange Vinaigrette Alaskan Salmon and White Bean Salad Alaskan Salmon Salad Monterey Alaskan Salmon with Apricot-Chili Glaze Alaskan Salmon with Copper River Barbecue Sauce Alaskan Salmon with Sweet-Smokey-Spicy Rub Anise-Cilantro Salmon Sauté Arugula Soup with Salmon and Roasted Grape Tomatoes Bourbon and Maple-Glazed Salmon Broiled or Grilled Wild Salmon with Blueberry-Cilantro Salsa Broiled Salmon with Pine Nuts Broiled Wild Salmon with Miso Glaze Canned Sockeye Salmon Rice Pilaf with Peas, Asparagus, and Mint Cashew Salmon with Couscous and Yogurt Sauce Citrus-Poached Salmon with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce Clams, Shrimp, and Sausage over Pasta Cool Salmon Salad Coriander Salmon with Coconut-Tomato Salsa Creamy Bean and Salmon Soup Curry Grilled Salmon Dr. Sears' Baked Fish Turning Island Ginger Honey-Glazed Salmon Ginger-Infused Salmon Green-Tea-Crusted Salmon Grilled or Broiled Salmon with Berry Sauce Grilled Spice-Rubbed Marinated Halibut or Salmon Grilled/Broiled Salmon with Mustard Sauce and Tomato Concassé Halibut with Rosemary, Orange and Garlic Herb Crusted Salmon Herb Crusted Salmon with Pistou Herb-Crusted Salmon Recipe Lemony Halibut with Greens Marinated Mediterranean Salmon Mediterranean Foil Packets Mediterranean Grilled Salmon Mediterranean Salmon Salad North African Style Alaska Salmon North African Style Alaskan Salmon Olive Oil Poached Salmon with Chunky Mashed Potatoes Orange Balsamic Basil Marinated Salmon Pan-Roasted Salmon with Mushrooms Persian Kebabs with Salmon or Tuna Pesto Salmon and Veggies En Papillote Poached Salmon with Chive Sauce, Pasta, and Vegetables Poached Salmon with Spinach Potato, Salmon and Spinach Patties with Garlicky Dill Cream Randy's Easy Seasoned Salmon Roasted Salmon and Tomatoes with Caramelized Lemons Roasted Salmon with Fresh Salsa Roasted Salmon with Sundried Tomato Crust Salmon & Sweet Potato Fishcakes Salmon and Spinach Pasta Marinara Salmon Caesar and Grilled Salmon with Mango Chutney Salmon Chinoise with Spicy Cucumber Salad Salmon en Papillote - Viking Cooking Video Salmon Garam Masala Salmon on a Bed of Leeks Salmon with Almond Pesto Salmon with Lentils and Beets Salmon with Saffron Sauce Salmon with Spiced Lentils Sesame Ginger Salmon Shanghai Stir-Fry Salmon Sockeye Salmon Salad Sandwiches Sockeye Salmon with Naam Jim Sauce South Asian Salmon with Cucumber Relish Spicy Wild Salmon Wraps Sweet Miso Salmon Tequila Salmon with Salad Teriyaki-Wasabi Salmon Triple-Citrus Ginger Sockeye Salmon with Moroccan Pesto Tuscan Salmon Pasta with Beans Vital Recipe: Wild Salmon Kedgeree Wild Salmon (Grilled or Broiled) with Nectarine Salsa Wild Salmon Chili Wild Salmon Salad Monterey Wild Salmon Tacos or Burritos Wild Salmon with Blackberry Compote Wild Salmon with Curry Spices Wild Salmon with Roasted Vegetables Wild Sockeye Salmon and Warm Vegetable Salad Zesty Garlic Salmon
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.