Smoked King Salmon
5.0 oz portions, skin-on/boneless |
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Gluten free
- No sugar added
- Vacuum sealed for freshness
- No nitrites, artificial additives or preservatives
- Sustainably harvested
- Certified Kosher (OU)
- Product of Canada
Our savory Smoked King Salmon is incredibly luscious, and packed with healthful omega-3s and vitamin D.
To achieve this spectacular culinary treat, we start with premium, hand-caught king salmon that's landed and cleaned within hours of harvest.
Each portion is then cured in a light brine, slowly smoked over pure, natural hardwood, and flash-frozen to lock in freshness.
Serve with crackers (great with cream cheese and capers added), on salads, or place on top of sautéed organic greens.
The possibilities are many. And preparation is a no-brainer. Just thaw and serve!
What People Say
"I am in love with your hot-smoked salmon! It's fabulous flaked and scrambled with eggs and onions."
-Dana Jacobi, author of 12 Best Foods Cookbook
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 4.5Write a ReviewDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect the views and opinions of customers and not those of Vital Choice. Vital Choice does not verify or endorse any health-based claims made in these reviews. Reviews containing health claims will be removed.
"Disappointed" Review: Everything arrived on time and was nicely packed, but the quality of the food is poor. The smoked salmon is very dry. The crab legs and claws were horrible. They looked like they had been frozen for a long time and even smelled very badly. I was disappointed with this first time order. - Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear your disappointment in your first order. Our Customer Service Team will reach out to you to discuss further. Thank you!
"Smoked king salmon" Review: Absolutely delicious! I will be ordering again.
"These visually gorgeous filets are way too salty" Review: Every other salmon, halibut, or tuna product I have ordered from Vial Choice, canned or fresh frozen, easily rate 5 stars from me. This visually beautiful-looking Smoked King Salmon filet took my breath away it was so salty that even though I was splitting one with my wife for a light meal, I could not finish it. A standard portion is 2 oz. which is about what I ate. Regrettably that volume contains almost 400mg of sodium. Too much for my preferences and taste. - Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear your disappointment in this product. Our Customer Service Team will follow up with you regarding this order. Thank you, The Vital Choice Team
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients:
Wild Pacific King salmon, sea salt, natural wood smoke (alder).
Nutrition FactsSKP05 Smoked King Salmon,Serving Size 2 ozNumber of servings: About 2.5
Amount Per ServingCalories 80 Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*Total Fat 2g 3%Saturated Fat .5g 3%Trans Fat 0gCholesterol 55mg 18%Sodium 480mg 21%Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%Dietary Fiber 0g 0%Sugars 0g Includes 0g Added Sugars 0%Protein 15g 20%
Contains 400mg of omega-3 fatty acids per serving.
Vitamin D 15%
- Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C).
- Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for six to 12 months.
- NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Smoked salmon is as safe as cooked fish, thanks to the natural, salt-mediated curing process and flash-freezing.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible.
Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
- Serve on a bialy, whole grain bagel, thin-sliced dark rye bread, or crisp rye cracker such as Wasa Bread.
- Spread the bagel, bread, or cracker with cream cheese or avocado and top the salmon with thin tomato slices and/or capers and fresh basil leaves.
- Crumble chunks into scrambled eggs with chopped, quick-sautéed chives, scallions, or bell peppers.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page.