Oven-Ready Sablefish (Black Cod)
1 lb pack of 4 oz random-cut portions | Product #SBC102
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
*Each 1 lb. bag contains about 4 irregularly cut 4-oz portions.The delicacy of sablefish meat precludes complete de-boning. Your purchase may contain some bones or fragments. These portions are not cooked fully by the smoking process. They will cook through in 6-7 minutes using medium-high heat. Click the Serving/Care tab above.
- 4 oz individually wrapped portions
- Random, irregular cut portions*
- Skin-on, bone-in
- Contains added salt
- Partially cooked by the smoking process
- No nitrites or artificial additives/preservatives
- Sustainably Harvested
One customer called our wild Pacific Sablefish "the chocolate of fish," for good reason!
Its ravishing richness stems from the ample body fat that Sablefish accumulate to survive their frigid, deep-water environments.
We lightly brine and smoke some of our buttery, sushi-safe Sablefish portions, giving them a rich golden color and delicate alder wood flavor.
About Sablefish (Black Cod | Butterfish)
Sablefish is very high in omega-3s ...for example, a 4 oz portion averages a whopping 1.2 grams — more than most wild salmon!
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients:
Wild Pacific Sablefish (AKA black cod, butterfish), salt, natural wood smoke.
About 4 Servings per containerServing size4 oz portion (113g)
Amount per servingCalories220
% Daily Value**
Total Fat 15g 19%
Sat. Fat 4g 20%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 55mg 18%
Sodium 410mg 18%
Carbohydrates 0g 0%
Fiber 0g 0%
Total Sugars 0g
Includes 0g Added Sugars 0%
Protein 17g 34%
Vitamin D 3µg 15% • Calcium 10mg 0%
Iron .25mg 2% • Potassium 310mg 6%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in
a serving of food contributes to a daily diet 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.Contains 1175mg omega-3 fatty acids per 113g serving. 360mg EPA • 550mg DHA
Keep frozen. Thaw overnight in refrigerator, or for faster readiness, place unopened package in cold water for 30 minutes or until fish is flexible.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water. Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes -- or bake 12-15 minutes at 375° F -- until only only a small spot in the very center still appears translucent. Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving. NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.Enliven your fish with healthful, flavorful seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends:
- Lightly coat or mist your fish with Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Macadamia Nut Oil, and rub on the seasonings of your choice.
- Or, add the seasonings of your choice to a little of Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Macadamia Nut Oil and marinate the fish in it the mix, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page.