Smoked Sockeye Salmon
6 oz portions, skin-on/boneless | Product #SSP001
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
- Skin-on / boneless
- Certified Kosher (OU)
- No artificial coloring, nitrites or preservatives
- Sustainably harvested wild sockeye
- Product of Canada
Our savory Wild Pacific Smoked Sockeye is cured in a light salt brine, smoked over pure, natural alder wood, and immediately flash-frozen to lock-in freshness ... just thaw and serve!
Hint: For fast thawing, immerse unopened, vacuum-sealed portions in cold water for about 20 minutes, or until flexible.
"I'm in love with your hot-smoked salmon! It's fabulous flaked and scrambled with eggs and onions."
-Dana Jacobi, author of the 12 Best Foods Cookbook
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5
"The Best Smoked Salmon Ever!" Review: The taste and quality of this salmon is the best I have ever had. Came back for more however temporarily out of stock :-( I'll be back!
"Wonderful for a quick dinner" Review: Love having this in my freezer for a quick meal with thinly sliced sweet onion, capers and cream cheese on rye or pumpernickel bread. Even unadorned with crackers it is delicious. This smoked salmon and Vital Choice salmon burgers are a must in my freezer at all times.
"So good!" Review: So good! When I was growing up, I had grandparents who lived in Alaska. They caught, smoked, and canned their own salmon and sent some to us every Christmas. It was the thing I most looked forward to. This smoked salmon is every bit as good (actually, a little better since my grandparents overdid the salt a bit). This brought back good memories.
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients:
Wild sockeye salmon, sea-salt, demerara raw sugar, natural hardwood smoke (alder).
Nothing artificial added.
3 Servings per containerServing Size2 oz (57g)
Amount per servingCalories90
% Daily Value**
Total Fat 3.5g 4%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
Trans Fat 0
Cholesterol 45mg 15%
Sodium 490mg 21%
Carbohydrate 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Total Sugars 0g
Includes 0g Added Sugars 0%
Protein 16g 32%
Vitamin D 10µg 50% • Calcuim 8mg 0%
Iron 0.5mg 2% • Potassium 250mg 6%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in
a serving of food contributes to a daily diet 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.Contains 500mg omega-3 fatty acids per 57 serving. 1 EPA
RecipesAlaska Smoked Salmon Appetizer Alaska Smoked Salmon Capri Salad Dr. Pratt's SuperFoods Salad Pasta/Bean Soup with Smoked Sablefish or Salmon Pasta/Bean Soup with Smoked Sablefish or Salmon Salmon Quiche Smoked Salmon and Pesto Scrambled Eggs Smoked Salmon and Spinach with Orzo Smoked Salmon Canapes Smoked Salmon Kedgeree Smoked Salmon, Leek and Lemon Thyme Pasta
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
- Smoked salmon is as safe as cooked fish, thanks to the natural, salt-mediated curing process and flash-freezing.
- Serve on a bialy, whole grain bagel, thin-sliced dark rye bread, or crisp rye cracker such as Wasa Bread.
- Spread the bagel, bread, or cracker with light cream cheese or avocado and top the salmon with thin tomato slices and/or capers and fresh basil leaves.
- Crumble chunks into scrambled eggs with chopped, quick-sautéed chives, scallions, or bell peppers.
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.