Sockeye Salmon Candy
6 oz portions, skin-on/boneless | Product #SSC601
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
- Boneless, skin-on
- Certified Kosher (OU)
- Sustainably harvested
- No nitrites or artificial additives and preservatives
- Product of Canada
Salmon "candy" is a signature food of Northwest coastal communities.
We craft our Sockeye Salmon Candy using traditions perfected by native peoples over many generations.
First, premium wild sockeye is marinated in a light salt brine mixed with organic cane sugar.
Then it's slowly smoked over natural alder wood, where it acquires a sweet, smoky, irresistible glaze.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 4.5
"Big Kid's Candy" Review: This is what I eat when I sneak into the kitchen at 2 a.m., hungry for something. My favorite snack of all time, hands down!
"Addicting" Review: My teenagers demand I get at least one package of this Salmon Candy with every order for them to devour as soon as the box arrives. Sometimes they save me a bite.
"Tough and chewy" Review: Usually, our favorite treat from the sea are smoked salmon “candy”. This order was such a disappointment. The pieces were small, tough, chewy and rather tasteless. Not sure we will order again. Hello Laurie, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear your disappointment in this product. Our Customer Service Team will follow up with you regarding this order. Thank you, The Vital Choice Team
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients:
Wild sockeye salmon, organic cane sugar, sea salt, natural wood smoke.
3 Servings per containerServing Size2 oz (57g)
Amount per servingCalories130
% Daily Value**
Total Fat 4.5g 6%
Saturated Fat 0.9g 5%
Trans Fat 0
Cholesterol 45mg 15%
Sodium 600mg 26%
Carbohydrate 4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 4%
Total Sugars 4g
Includes 4g Added Sugars 8%
Protein 19g 38%
Vitamin D 20µg 100% • Calcuim 8mg 0%
Iron 0.4mg 2% • Potassium 250mg 6%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in
a serving of food contributes to a daily diet 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.Contains 1300mg omega-3 fatty acids per 57 serving. 400mg EPA 540mg DHA
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
- Smoked salmon is as safe as cooked fish, thanks to the natural, salt-mediated curing process and flash-freezing.
- Serve on a bialy, whole grain bagel, thin-sliced dark rye bread, or crisp rye cracker such as Wasa Bread.
- Spread the bagel, bread, or cracker with light cream cheese or avocado and top the salmon with thin tomato slices and/or capers and fresh basil leaves.
- Crumble chunks into scrambled eggs with chopped, quick-sautéed chives, scallions, or bell peppers.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page.