Sockeye Nova Lox
4 oz pkg, sliced, vacuum sealed |
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Certified Kosher (OU)
- Pre-sliced; simply thaw and serve
- Individually vacuum-sealed 4 oz packs
- No nitrites or artificial additives/preservatives
- Sustainably harvested
- Product of Canada
Vital Choice cold-smoked lox offers a balance of perfect texture and sensational flavor, with a delightful buttery finish.
Our sustainably harvested Sockeye salmon is cured in salt brine, gently cold-smoked over pure, natural alder wood, thin-sliced, then immediately flash frozen.
And you'll find that we use considerably less salt than most alternatives: 560 mg per 2 oz serving, versus as much as 900 mg in many national brands.
One 4 oz pack thaws quickly and serves two generously.
What people say
"I have not had any good lox since I left Chicago 15 years ago. This morning I got out the cream cheese sliced a bagel and tomato and onion and savored every bite. I was in heaven!"
– Marguerite Dameron
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5Write a ReviewDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect the views and opinions of customers and not those of Vital Choice. Vital Choice does not verify or endorse any health-based claims made in these reviews. Reviews containing health claims will be removed.
"Wonderful Lox" Review: My family loves this lox. It is very tasty and so nice to have on hand. We enjoy it often.
"Always the best" Review: Fish, meat, supplements, recipes are always excellent. The service is beyond top drawer. Thank you all!
"Best of the Best" Review: No question--this is the finest you can buy at any price. Always consistently moist, smokey, sensational.
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients:
Wild Sockeye Salmon, salt, (demerara) raw sugar, natural hardwood smoke.
Nutrition FactsAlaskan Sockeye LoxServing Size 2 oz (55g)Number of servings: 2
Amount Per ServingCalories 90 Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*Total Fat 5g 8%Saturated Fat 1g 5%Trans Fat 0Cholesterol 20mg 7%Sodium 450mg 19%Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%Dietary Fiber 0Sugars 0gProtein 12g 24%
Total Omega-3s 685mg
Vitamin A 2% • Iron 2%
RecipesAegean–Style Alaska Smoked Sockeye Pizzette Alaska Smoked Salmon Capri Salad Basil Pasta with Salmon Lox and Caviar Dill Biscuits with Salmon Lox, Cress, and Creamy Dill Spread Leeks & Lox Pasta with Crispy Basil Lox with Potato Pancake and Crème Frâiche Salmon Fritatta Salmon Quiche Smoked Salmon Focaccia Smoked Salmon Souffle Tart Smoked Salmon with Blue Corn-Wild Rice Johnny Cakes Smoked Salmon, Leek and Lemon Thyme Pasta Spring-is-Coming Feast
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
- Smoked salmon is as safe as cooked fish, thanks to the natural, salt-mediated curing process and flash-freezing.
- Serve on a bialy, whole grain bagel, thin-sliced dark rye bread, or crisp rye cracker such as Wasa Bread.
- Spread the bagel, bread, or cracker with light cream cheese or avocado and top the salmon with thin tomato slices and/or capers and fresh basil leaves.
- Crumble chunks into scrambled eggs with chopped, quick-sautéed chives, scallions, or bell peppers.
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.