Sockeye Nova Lox Fillet
26 oz sliced whole fillet | Product #SSL101
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
- Certified Kosher (OU)
- Vacuum-sealed on gold board
- No nitrites or artificial additives and preservatives
- Sustainably harvested
- Product of Canada
Premium quality, sustainably harvested wild sockeye salmon is the delicious starting place for our whole nova lox fillets.
The wild sockeye salmon is cured in salt brine, gently cold-smoked over pure, natural alder wood, thin-sliced, placed on a gold board, and then immediately flash frozen.
Customers praise the vibrant flavor and silky texture of our beautiful whole lox fillets, which make impressive centerpieces for breakfast, brunch, cocktail hour, or business gatherings.
Our lightly brined, cold-smoked sockeye sides are cut into 3 to 4 dozen thin slices, and can go from freezer to table in about 30 minutes.
We use considerably less salt than most alternatives: 450mg sodium per 2oz serving, versus as much as 900mg in many national brands.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5
"Lox so gooood!" Review: Had this over the Christmas holidays fabulous. Great way to get fine dining to your home during the pandemic.
"Best ever sockeye salmon" Review: Once thawed, this fillet gives days and days of wonderful salmon. Customer service was very helpful when placing my order And a wonderful overall experience. I have ordered from them before and will continue to do so.
"Outstanding" Review: Some of the best lox I have had outside a NY deli
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients:
Wild Sockeye Salmon, salt, (demerara) raw sugar, natural wood smoke.
13 Servings per containerServing Size2 oz (56g)
Amount per servingCalories90
% Daily Value**
Total Fat 5g 6%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Trans Fat 0
Cholesterol 35mg 12%
Sodium 450mg 20%
Carbohydrate 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Total Sugars 0g
Includes 0g Added Sugars 0%
Protein 12g 24%
Vitamin D 10µg 50% • Calcuim 8mg 0%
Iron 0.5mg 2% • Potassium 250mg 6%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in
a serving of food contributes to a daily diet 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.Contains 700mg omega-3 fatty acids per 56 serving. EPA
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
- Smoked salmon is as safe as cooked fish, thanks to the natural, salt-mediated curing process and flash-freezing.
- Serve on a bialy, whole grain bagel, thin-sliced dark rye bread, or crisp rye cracker such as Wasa Bread.
- Spread the bagel, bread, or cracker with light cream cheese or avocado and top the salmon with thin tomato slices and/or capers and fresh basil leaves.
- Crumble chunks into scrambled eggs with chopped, quick-sautéed chives, scallions, or bell peppers.
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.