Wild Maine Whole Lobster - Whole Split
1-1.4 lb ea, split in shell | Product #FML201
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
NOTE: This product's advertised weight includes the shell, as is usual for sale of in-shell lobster.
Single split lobsters (Product # FML201) must be shipped with at least one other frozen item to ensure delivered quality. Please add at least one other frozen item to your cart before you check out.
- Ships frozen
- Raw, uncooked
- Easy-remove meat
- 1 to 1.4 lb per lobster (inc. shell)
- Fully cleaned, meat and shell only
- Certified sustainably harvested
- Product of USA (Maine)
High-pressure processing totally eliminates the chore of getting the meat from the shell, and delivers every morsel of sweet, delicious meat.
Live lobsters get immersed in a water-filled chamber, where pumps raise the water pressure rapidly and radically.
This sudden, extreme water pressure kills the lobsters humanely within six seconds, and causes the meat to detach completely from the shell.
Then, the pressure gets raised further, to 87,000 pounds per square inch, to kill off any bacteria or other pathogens.
Following this innovative process, it's incredibly easy to remove the lobster meat from each side of the split shell.
Last but not least, any leftover shells are given away to local farmers to use as fertilizer!
Average Ratings: 4
"disappointed with this product" Review: i prepared these for a holiday party the terrible i followed instructions the they were horrible and had to be thrown out. i have been very happy with my purchases to this point i will not be ordering this product again Thank you for sharing your product feedback. We are sorry to hear your disappointment with the Maine Whole Split Lobsters. I do see our Customer Service Team has already been in contact with you, regarding your order. Thank you, The Vital Choice Team
"whole lobster" Review: I won't purchase the whole lobster again. The claw meat was not edible. The tail meat was delicious though! I'll stick with ordering the frozen tails. First time I've been disappointed by any product from Vital Choice. - Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear your disappointment in this product. Our Customer Service Team will follow up with you regarding this order. Thank you, The Vital Choice Team
"Lobster" Review: The "wild Maine" lobster were equivalent to Puerto Nuevo, Mexico....small, little meat and tasteless! Extremely disappointed! - Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear your disappointment in this product. Our Customer Service Team will follow up with you regarding this order. Thank you, The Vital Choice Team
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients:
variable servings per per containerServing Size3 oz (shucked) (85g)
Total Fat 1g 1%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 60mg 20%
Sodium 410mg 18%
Carbohydrate 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Total Sugars 0g
Incl. 0g Added Sugars 0%
Protein 16g 32%
Calories per serving70Contains 670mg omega-3 fatty acids per 85g serving. 370mg EPA210mg DHA
Butter Poached Maine Lobster
Once the meat is poached, you can add it to a dish hot, or run it under cold water to cool it down and make a lobster salad, roll, or BLT (bacon, lobster, and tomato) sandwich.
Small tab of butter
Thawed raw lobster meat
Deep pan, filled with about 2 inches of water
- Thaw the lobster meat.
- Open the bag of meat, and drain the juice out, leaving just the meat.
- Over medium heat, add water and butter to a deep pan. Bring it to a boil, and then turn the heat down to low.
- Place the meat into the water, making sure that it’s all covered with the butter/water mix. Let the meat cook for 4-6 minutes or until firm.
- After it is cooked, carefully remove the pan from the heat and drain the lobster meat from the water.
Storage and thawing
Keep frozen until ready to use.
Place halves on sheet pan and thaw in refrigerator, at or below 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
Best to cook immediately after thawing.
Lobster can be boiled, steamed, poached, broiled, or grilled. Or, enjoy it uncooked, as sashimi.
Lobster meat takes only three to five minutes to cook thoroughly. Overcooked lobster meat will become tough.
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.