Wild Pacific Halibut Cheeks
16 oz bags, skinless/boneless |
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
NOTE: The 1 lb option (FHC101) must be shipped with at least one other frozen item.
We select only the smallest and purest wild halibut – the very best of the catch!
- Skinless & boneless
- Average of 10 cheeks per 16-oz. bag
- Sustainably harvested
- Product of Canada
About our halibut
Halibut is light and lean, with a wonderfully fresh, versatile flavor and delicate texture.
Because the purity of longer-lived predatory fish (like halibut) declines as they age, we procure only sustainably harvested halibut that weigh 20 lbs or less.
This purity-focused policy also ensures that our halibut is more tender than most. And our halibut cheeks are even more delicate and sweet!
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Raw halibut cheeks make delicious sashimi or sushi
Average Ratings: 4.5Write a ReviewDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect the views and opinions of customers and not those of Vital Choice. Vital Choice does not verify or endorse any health-based claims made in these reviews. Reviews containing health claims will be removed.
"Not what I expected" Review: I was looking forward to preparing them. Cooked them simply, butter, garlic herb. Stringy, tough. Almost like they were old. I cooked them within the six week recommended freeze life. Lesson learned. Hello Teresa, Our Customer Service Team would like to reach out to you shortly to discuss your order. The Vital Choice Team
"Halibut Cheeks" Review: Absolutely delicious! Very decadent and completely worth every penny! Will definitely order again.
"Slightly fishy" Review: I had high expectations, but sadly these had a fishy smell to them. I will stick to what I know is great-silver and sockeye, always excellent! - Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear your disappointment in this product. Our Customer Service Team will follow up with you regarding this order. Thank you, The Vital Choice Team
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients: Wild Pacific Halibut Cheeks
Nutrition FactsWild Pacific Halibut CheeksServing Size Serving Size 6 oz (170g)
Amount Per ServingCalories 190 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*Total Fat 4g 6%Saturated Fat 3%Trans Fat 0gCholesterol 115mg 38%Sodium 142mg 6%Total Carbohydrate 0gDietary Fiber 0gSugars 0gProtein 38g
Total Omega-3s 780mg
RecipesPan-Seared Halibut with Beans, Basil, and Asparagus Roasted Salmon with Sundried Tomato Crust Alaskan Halibut Baked in Parchment with Cilantro and Ginger Baked Halibut Topped with Zucchini, Tomato, Dill, and Feta Broiled Halibut Teriyaki Cherry/Balsamic Cod or Halibut Chili-Rubbed Halibut Kabobs Chipotle Lime Fish Tacos Crispy Alaskan Halibut or Cod with Greek Pesto Grilled (or Broiled) Mediterranean Halibut Grilled Halibut and Red Pepper Skewers with Chili-Lime Sauce Grilled Spice-Rubbed Marinated Halibut or Salmon Grilled/Broiled Alaska Halibut with a Green Chile Blanket Halibut in Red (Raspeberries) and Green (Arugula) Halibut Pan-Fried in Macadamia Oil Halibut Salsa Style Halibut Tuscan-Style Halibut with Rosemary, Orange and Garlic Herb-Citrus Crusted Halibut Lemony Halibut with Greens Pan Roasted Halibut or Cod with Sage Pescado Sudado (Fish with Onions and Tomato) Provencal Saffron-Tomato Stew with Halibut Roasted Halibut with Leeks, Peppers, and Olives Salmon Carpaccio and Halibut Tartare Savory Hellenic Halibut Stew Spicy Halibut with Spicy Tomato Chutney Tuscan Halibut White Fish, Four Ways Wild Halibut Baked in Parchment with Cilantro and Ginger
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C).
Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months.
Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thawing instructionsThaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it "self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.