Wild Portuguese Sardine Fillets
3.5 oz tins, in organic EV olive oil |
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
Our superbly flavorful premium Portuguese sardines abound in healthful omega-3s. They’re custom-packed for us at peak freshness by a family that's been perfecting their craft for 150 years.
What People Say
- "Your sardines in olive oil are outstanding and nothing compares to them ... better than the fresh charcoal broiled sardines I had in Morocco.” – Artemis Simopoulos, M.D., author ofThe Omega Diet
- "... these are the BEST sardines I have ever eaten!” Jean Singer, Eustis, FL
- "A clean tasting fish. No fishy taste or after taste. Oil taste is very subtle and almost hidden. A meaty, tender fish. I would eat again.” Rating: 4.5 sardines (out of 5)” – Drew, author of the Mouthful of Sardines blog
Vital Choice video: Sardine harvesting and packing
We visited our Portuguese sardine partners, video camera in hand, and captured the harvest, landing, and packing. Check it out at YouTube.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5Write a ReviewDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect the views and opinions of customers and not those of Vital Choice. Vital Choice does not verify or endorse any health-based claims made in these reviews. Reviews containing health claims will be removed.
"Best boneless sardines ever!" Review: I love the boneless version of sardines don't like crunching down on bones these are the best and I will continue to buy from Vital Choice if they keep these available
"Wild Portuguese Sardines" Review: Excellent!! Quality and taste superior to other brands.
"Yummy sardines" Review: Those are the best sardines I have eaten. And they do not have any bones in them.
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients: Sardines, organic extra virgin olive oil, natural sea salt
Nutrition FactsCanned Sardine FilletsServing Size 1 can drained (76g)Number of servings: 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 180 Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*Total Fat 12g 15%Saturated Fat 2.7g 14%Trans Fat 0g 0%Cholesterol 30mg 10%Sodium 120mg 5%Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%Dietary Fiber 0g 0%Sugars 0g Includes 0g Added Sugars 0%Protein 16g 32%
• Vitamin D 4.25mcg • 20%
• Calcium 73mg • 6%
• Iron .75mg • 4%
• Potassium 72mg • 2%
*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Contains 2200mg of omega-3 fatty acids per serving.
Store in a cool dry place.
Keep canned fish in a cool place. Consume by the date stamped on each can.
Sardines are scrumptious in pasta dishes, served on crackers, and they make delicious additions to salads and pizza. Click on the Recipes tab on this page.
- Fill a medium-sized stockpot with water, add 1 teaspoon salt if desired, and bring water to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Add Kamut whole-grain pasta and cook10 to 12 minutes, until tender.
- While pasta is cooking, lightly drain both cans of Vital Choice Natural Pack Albacore Tuna and set contents aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add diced tomatoes to pan and cook for 4 minutes, until heated through and beginning to bubble. Add contents of spice packet, 1/2 cup of water, and drained tuna to the pan and stir to blend. Cover pan and reduce heat to low; cook for 8 minutes.
- When pasta is done, drain it well and combine with tomato and tuna mixture. Serve and enjoy.
ShippingNon-perishable goods ship via Ground service Monday - Friday (except holidays) and normally arrive in 3-7 days, depending upon destination.
Non-perishable shipments to Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, and
Northern California may arrive faster, in 1 or 2 days.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
address, including non-perishables sent to Alaska and Hawaii.
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost more; for
more information on this and all shipping topics, see our Shipping page.