Wild Portuguese Sardine Fillets
3.5 oz tins, in organic EV olive oil | Product #CPF106
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
Our superbly flavorful premium Portuguese sardines abound in healthful omega-3s. They’re custom-packed for us at peak freshness by a family that's been perfecting their craft for 150 years.
What People Say
- "Your sardines in olive oil are outstanding and nothing compares to them ... better than the fresh charcoal broiled sardines I had in Morocco.” – Artemis Simopoulos, M.D., author ofThe Omega Diet
- "... these are the BEST sardines I have ever eaten!” Jean Singer, Eustis, FL
- "A clean tasting fish. No fishy taste or after taste. Oil taste is very subtle and almost hidden. A meaty, tender fish. I would eat again.” Rating: 4.5 sardines (out of 5)” – Drew, author of the Mouthful of Sardines blog
Vital Choice video: Sardine harvesting and packing
We visited our Portuguese sardine partners, video camera in hand, and captured the harvest, landing, and packing. Check it out at YouTube.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5
"Delicious fillets!." Review: These are then best sardine fillets ever. I can't eat the fish bones anymore & have triied many fillets. These are the best for a quite elderly stomach & taste buds!
"Sardines" Review: Great in twice-baked potatos! Cut baked potato in half. Mix tin of sardines witrh cheese, diced red onion, & red pepper flakes. Pack mixture into skins and heat at 350 for 30 minutes. Tasty and healthy!
"customer review of sardines" Review: The best ever! I would have preferred the sardines with the zip, however, they were out of stock. Bust these are equally as good. Fresh and satisfying.
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients: Sardines, organic extra virgin olive oil, natural sea salt
1 Servings per containerServing Size1 Can Drained (76g)
Amount per servingCalories180
% Daily Value**
Total Fat 12g 15%
Saturated Fat 2.7g 14%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 120mg 5%
Carbohydrates 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Total Sugars 0g
Includes 0g Added Sugars 0%
Protein 16g 32%
Vitamin D 4.25µg 20% • Calcuim 73mg 6%
Iron 0.75mg 4% • Potassium 72mg 2%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in
a serving of food contributes to a daily diet 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.Contains 2200mg omega-3 fatty acids per 76g serving. 1260mg EPA 1260mg DHA
Store in a cool dry place.
Keep canned fish in a cool place. Consume by the date stamped on each can.
Sardines are scrumptious in pasta dishes, served on crackers, and they make delicious additions to salads and pizza. Click on the Recipes tab on this page.
- Fill a medium-sized stockpot with water, add 1 teaspoon salt if desired, and bring water to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Add Kamut whole-grain pasta and cook10 to 12 minutes, until tender.
- While pasta is cooking, lightly drain both cans of Vital Choice Natural Pack Albacore Tuna and set contents aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add diced tomatoes to pan and cook for 4 minutes, until heated through and beginning to bubble. Add contents of spice packet, 1/2 cup of water, and drained tuna to the pan and stir to blend. Cover pan and reduce heat to low; cook for 8 minutes.
- When pasta is done, drain it well and combine with tomato and tuna mixture. Serve and enjoy.
ShippingNon-perishable goods ship via Ground service Monday - Friday (except holidays) and normally arrive in 3-7 days, depending upon destination.
Non-perishable shipments to Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, and
Northern California may arrive faster, in 1 or 2 days.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
address, including non-perishables sent to Alaska and Hawaii.
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost more; for
more information on this and all shipping topics, see our Shipping page.