Created and presented by Myra Kornfeld
Mackerel Salad with Avocado and Herbs
1 can (4.375 oz) Vital Choice Portuguese Mackerel
Pickled red onions
- With a fork, mash together the Vital Choice Mackerel and avocado. Add a dash of lemon juice and a sprinkling of salt.
- Place on a bed of fresh garden greens. Top with dill, scallions, cucumber, and a sprinkling of pickled red onions.
Sardines Salad with Olives and Feta
Sliced fennel root
One can (4.375 oz) Vital Choice Sardines in Organic EV Olive Oil (oil and all)
Sheep's milk feta cheese
Quick-Cook Salmon Frittata
Vital Choice Wild Red™ Sockeye Salmon* (one 3.75 oz can or one-half of a 7.5 oz or 6.3 oz can)
Fresh dill, chopped
Fresh parsley, chopped
Vital Choice Salmon Caviar (optional)
*You can use traditional style salmon with skin and edible bones, or skinless-boneless. For a special effect, use our Smoked Wild Red™ Sockeye.
- Mix two eggs in a bowl. Add salt, pepper and ½ can of Vital Choice Sockeye Salmon. Sprinkle in some dill and parsley. Mix the batter.
- In a small frying pan, melt some butter over medium heat. Add the frittata batter and turn the heat down a little lower. Cook for about one minute just until the sides are set.
- Once it is set around the edges, remove from heat and place in a preheated broiler to finish for about one minute until it is brown and bubbly. With the spatula slide carefully onto a plate. Top with sliced avocado.
- Finish it off with a topping of Vital Choice Salmon Caviar, if desired.
© Myra Kornfeld. All Rights Reserved www.myrakornfeld.com
About Myra Kornfeld
A veteran restaurant chef, recipe developer and editor, private chef and menu consultant, Myra Kornfeld believes that good food, enjoyed in good company, with great conversation is among the greatest of life's pleasures.
Myra is the acclaimed author of several great cookbooks, including these titles available at MyraKornfeld.com:
The Healthy Hedonist: More than 200 Delectable Flexitarian Recipes
The Healthy Hedonist Holidays
The Voluptuous Vegan: More than 200 Sinfully Delicious Recipes.
Myra Kornfeld is also the Head Chef & Content Manager of MyFoodMyHealth.com, an instructor at The Natural Gourmet School of Health and Culinary Arts, the Institute of Culinary Education in New York City, and the graduate program in Nutrition and Integrative Health at the Tai Sophia Institute.
Learn more at MyraKornfeld.com