1 batch of basic poke
- Pickled ginger
- Sliced jalapeño
- Chopped avocado
- Daikon radish sprouts
- Sliced cherry tomatoes
- Sliced and fried shallots
- Wakame seaweed salad
- Sliced English cucumber
- Thinly-sliced green onion
- Chopped yellow/red onion
- Toasted and chopped macadamia nuts
- Prepare a batch of basic poke (see recipe)
- Cook the rice per the instructions on the package.
- Divide the hot rice between four bowls.
- Spoon a mound of the chilled fish mixture in each bowl of steaming rice.
- Add desired toppings*.
*Popular toppings: chopped yellow onion, thinly-sliced green onion, chopped avocado, sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced English cucumber, daikon radish sprouts, wakame seaweed salad, kimchi, pickled ginger, sliced jalapeño, sliced and fried shallots, toasted and chopped macadamia nuts.