Alaska Salmon with Orange Vinaigrette
Prep time 20 minutes
1 cup orange juice
1 1/2 Tablespoons red onion, minced
1 1/2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
1/2 cup fat-free Italian dressing
1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Prepare sauce: Cook orange juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it is reduced to the consistency of syrup (makes about 1/4 cup); let cool slightly.
- Place onion, lime juice, mustard, and chili powder in a blender or food processor; add cooked syrup. Blend 10 seconds. With blender running, slowly drizzle in Italian dressing until mixture emulsifies; set aside.
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet or ridged stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of salmon with oil. Place salmon in heated skillet and cook, uncovered, about 3 to 4 minutes, until browned or well grill-marked. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
- Turn salmon over and season with salt and pepper. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes or just until fish is opaque throughout.
- To serve, pool 2 tablespoons orange vinaigrette sauce in the center of each of 4 plates; top with salmon and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Nutrients per serving: 301 calories, 10g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 32% calories from fat, 126mg cholesterol, 35g protein, 15g carbohydrate, .5g fiber, 460mg sodium, 29mg calcium and 1.2g omega-3 fatty acids.
Check out these customer favorites