Today's recipe brings a breath of spring to a winter's eve. We suggest serving it with orzo or rice and a green vegetable such as zucchini, haricots verde (French green beans), spinach, chard, or asparagus.
Baked Halibut with Herb Sauce
Adapted from a recipe by Blue Seas Fish Market in Vancouver, B.C.
4 boneless Alaskan Halibut portions (6 oz each)
Sea salt and organic black pepper
2 cloves garlic or 2 teaspoons organic garlic granules
1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, loosely packed
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves (stripped from stems)
4 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil or organic macadamia nut oil
1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
1 tablespoon white wine or organic balsamic vinegar, or to taste
Preheat oven to 300° F (150° C).
- Oil a shallow baking dish just large enough to hold the fish in a single layer. Season the fillets lightly on both sides with salt and pepper and place in the prepared dish.
- Bake until opaque throughout, about 8 minutes; start checking the fish after about 5 minutes to avoid overcooking.
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, parsley, tarragon, oil, anchovy paste, and 1 Tbsp vinegar.
- Process until smooth. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more vinegar if desired.
- Transfer the fish to the diners' plates, top with sauce, and serve.