Easy Sheet Pan Baked Salmon
This easy 15min sheetpan recipe is a staple in busy homes because it is easy to prep & clean-up is a snap. Start with the freshest of salmon for the best results.
- Two 6-oz portions wild salmon, boneless, skin-on, thawed in package
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & freshly-ground black pepper
- Adjust the oven rack to the lowest position, place a rimmed baking sheet on the rack, and preheat the oven to 500 F.
- Remove thawed fish portions from packaging, gently rinse, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Rub each portion liberally with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the oven setting to 275 F and remove the preheated baking sheet.
- Arrange fish portions in the hot pan, placing them skin-side down and 2 inches apart.
- Bake on the lower rack of the oven until the thickest part of the fillet is still translucent when cut with a paring knife or an instant-read thermometer registers 120 F when inserted in the thickest part of the fillet, 9–13 minutes.
- Transfer the fish to a serving platter or individual plates and serve.