This easy recipe comes to us from Monica Puri Bangia's great food blog, Sharing Plate – Your Cooking Coach.
She's an incredibly versatile chef who studied at the French Culinary Institute in New York City. Monica makes her home in northern New Jersey, about 15 miles west of Manhattan, and creates simple, palate-pleasing dishes with superior, healthy ingredients.
Here's what Monica wrote about this recipe: “I have been trying to replicate the delicious meals I had in Greece. This is inspired by all the delicious ingredients one gets to taste in Greek cuisine – like, garlic, dill, feta, etc. The topping for this pasta is absolutely delicious.”
Greek Style Prawns or Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta
By Monica Puri Bangia
Shrimp pasta ingredients and directions
½ cup pancetta, chopped
1 medium shallot, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 cups fresh tomato sauce
½ pound angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil. Add the pancetta and sauté on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the shallot and garlic on medium heat and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and brown on both sides for a minute each. Take out of pan and transfer to a plate.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pan and bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp back to the sauce. Cook the shrimp for another minute or so and check for seasonings.
- Serve on top of angel hair pasta.
Topping ingredients and directions
3 green onions, chopped
½ cup parsley, chopped
1/3 cup dill, chopped
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Mix the green onions, parsley and dill in a small bowl and sprinkle over the pasta.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the pasta.
Check out these customer favorites