Today's recipe comes to us from JJ Virgin and Mark Hyman, M.D. … two people dedicated to using diet and lifestyle to tackle the root causes of chronic disease.
Dr. Hyman is a practicing family physician, a six-time #1 New York Times
bestselling author and widely recognized leader, speaker, educator and advocate. His easy, tasty recipe for Grilled Salmon with Onion Marmalade over Greens appears in JJ's newest bestseller, The Virgin Diet Cookbook
Prep time: 20 minutes / Cook time: 15 minutes
2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
8 cups arugula
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Juice of ½ lemon
1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Prepare the grill, or use a grill pan.
- In a bowl mix together the onion, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place the onions in the middle of a large piece of foil; crimp it closed and place it on the grill or grill pan. Grill for about 10 minutes until the onions are soft, shaking the foil from time to time.
- Cut each salmon filet into 2 or 3 strips, brush with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place each strip on the grill or grill pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Let cool.
- Arrange the salmon on top of the arugula and drizzle with lemon juice. Combine the chopped parsley with the onions and place a spoonful on top of each salad. Serve with a lemon wedge.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 ounces salmon, 2 cups arugula): calories 244, fat 17g, saturated fat 2 g, cholesterol 71 mg, fiber 2 g, protein 27 g, carbohydrate 8 g, sodium 312 mg
Check out these customer favorites