Smoked Salmon Pasta with Crispy Basil
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil, add the pasta, and cook according to instructions on pack.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan over a gentle heat and sauté the leeks for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Cover the bottom of a heavy saucepan with 1/4 inch of oil and place the pan over medium heat. When hot (not smoking hot), fry the basil leaves for 5 seconds. Remove the leaves and drain on absorbent paper.
- Drain the pasta and add to the leeks, then stir in the salmon and cream. Season with black pepper and salt to taste.
- Return the frying pan to the heat and reheat gently for 2‒3 minutes.
- Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle the basil leaves over the top. Serve immediately.