This delicious pie is not shy of sugar, but research suggests that the cinnamon will help stabilize your blood sugar levels!
Pacific Blueberry-Cinnamon Pie
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. lemon juice (fresh)
1 pie shell, 8"-9", baked
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. almond extract
- In a medium saucepan (or double boiler), combine sugars, flour, butter, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt. Stir until blended. Add 2 cups of blueberries.
- Cook mixture over low heat, stirring until it comes to a boil and thickens. Cool to room temperature. Stir in remaining 2 cups of blueberries.
- Turn into a baked pie crust.
- Optional: Just before serving, top with whipped cream, sweetened with confectioner's sugar and flavored with vanilla and almond extract.
- Sprinkle a few perfect berries on top and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Check out these customer favorites