This faux-Polynesian recipe for Alaskan halibut brings 1950's-era Tiki bars to mind, and it's timelessly good.
Prep time 15 minutes; Cook time 15 minutes
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine lemon juice and honey in medium mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss together gently.
- Mixture can be made several hours ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Preheat broiler or grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of halibut with oil. Place on a spray-coated broiling pan or well-oiled grill, 5 to 6 inches from heat. Cook 5 minutes.
- Turn halibut over and sprinkle with seasoning salt. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Remove halibut to individual serving plates and top with spoonfuls of salsa.
Nutrients per serving: 349 calories, 11g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 28% calories from fat, 54mg cholesterol, 37g protein, 25g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 271mg sodium, 104mg calcium and 1.5g omega-3 fatty acids.