Keep some of our hand-harvested Pacific Spot Prawns in your freezer… they're flash-frozen in seawater right on board the small boat that harvests them for us.
Our prawns offer a sweet, delicate, super-fresh flavor… and make a quick but memorable dinner.
Roasted Prawns and Orzo
Adapted from a Barefoot Contessa at Home recipe by Ina Garten
Organic coarsely ground black pepper
Organic extra virgin olive oil
12 oz whole wheat orzo
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (3‒4 lemons)
1 cup minced scallions, white and green parts
1 cup chopped fresh dill
1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 cucumber, peeled and medium-diced
1/2 cup small-diced red onion
12 ounces feta cheese, crumbled or large-diced
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon salt and a splash of olive oil, and bring the water to a boil.
- Add the orzo and cook al dente, according to package directions, stirring occasionally. Drain and pour into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Pour over the hot orzo and stir well.
- Meanwhile, place the prawns on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and spread out on a single layer. Roast for 5 to 6 minutes until the prawns are just cooked through.
- Add the prawns to the orzo and then add the scallions, dill, parsley, cucumber, onion, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- Toss well. Add the feta and stir carefully.
- Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend, or refrigerate overnight. If refrigerated, taste again for seasonings and bring back to room temperature before serving.