8 oz skinless-boneless wild salmon fillets
8 oz Alaskan Weathervane scallops
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 medium zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick
1 medium red, orange, and/or yellow sweet bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks, or one 16 oz can pineapple chunks, drained
Fresh tarragon (optional)
- Thaw salmon and scallops, if frozen. Cut salmon into 1 inch cubes.
- For marinade, combine pineapple juice, lemon juice, tarragon, mustard, and salt. Place salmon and scallops in plastic bag or glass jar set into a shallow dish. Add marinade; seal bag. Turn fish and scallops to coat well. Chill for 1‒2 hours, turning once. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan cook zucchini, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 3‒4 minutes or until nearly tender. Drain and cool. Cut sweet pepper into 1 inch pieces.
- Remove seafood from bag, reserving marinade. On eight metal skewers alternately thread salmon, scallops, zucchini, sweet pepper, and pineapple. Brush with marinade. Grill* on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8‒12 minutes or until scallops turn opaque and salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once. (Do not overcook!) Garnish with fresh tarragon, if desired.
Nutrition facts per serving: calories 150, total fat 3 g, saturated fat 0 g, cholesterol 27 mg, sodium 255 mg, carbohydrate 16 g, fiber 2 g, protein 17 g, vitamin A 24% RDA, vitamin C 95% RDA, calcium 5% RDA, iron 13% RDA.
Grilled or Broiled Salmon with Berry Sauce
We love this simple, summery dish. The salmon can also be cooked under the broiler. Our organic wild Canadian blueberries and organic Polish raspberries are intensely flavorful, highly healthful, and are certified Kosher.
3 tablespoons organic macadamia nut or extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons blueberry (or raspberry) vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 (6 oz each) skinless-boneless wild salmon fillets
1 cup frozen organic wild frozen blueberries, thawed
1 cup organic frozen raspberries, thawed and pureed
- In a sturdy plastic zipper-type bag, combine oil, vinegar, lime juice and garlic. Add salmon, turning to coat all sides. Marinate, in refrigerator, 1‒2 hours.
- Reserving marinade, remove salmon and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Prepare sauce by combining marinade, blueberries and raspberry puree in a saucepan. Stirring occasionally, place over medium heat and cook 5‒7 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grill (or broil) salmon for 3‒4 minutes per side or until just done (flakes under firm pressure from a fork). Serve the salmon with the blueberry-raspberry sauce.