The report in today's issue affirms the value of berry-borne flavonoids for deterring age-related cognitive decline.
And if brain benefits aren't enough to tempt you, then the sweet, tangy irresistible flavor of our organic berries ought to do the trick!
Salmon/Halibut Grill with Blue-Red Berry Sauce
3 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive or macadamia nut oil
3 tablespoons blueberry (or raspberry) vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced and lightly sautéed
4 wild Alaska Salmon or Halibut fillets
1 cup (thawed) wild organic blueberries
1 cup (thawed) pureed organic raspberries
- Saute garlic lightly. In a non-aluminum bowl, combine oil, vinegar, lime juice and sautéed garlic. Add fish fillets, turning to coat all sides. Marinate, in refrigerator, 1‒2 hours.
- Reserving marinade, remove fish and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Prepare sauce by combining marinade, blueberries and raspberry puree in a saucepan. Stirring occasionally, place over medium heat and cook 5‒7 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grill* the fish, place over medium-high fire and cook 3‒4 minutes per side or until the center is just opaque.
- Serve the fish with the blueberry-raspberry sauce.
*The fish can also be cooked under a broiler or in a pan.