Spicy Wild Prawn or Shrimp Stir-Fry
Prep Time 10 minutes; Cooking Time 10 minutes
7 to 8 ounces raw, peeled
- 1 chile pepper, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 and a 1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (optional)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil or organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2-inch piece ginger, shredded
- 8 scallions, roots and very tops removed, finely sliced
- 1 pepper (red or yellow), sliced in strips
- 3 ounces sliced water chestnuts
- 2 heads bok choy, chopped into quarters
- 3-1/2 ounces beansprouts
- Handful of cashews
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Pepper to taste
- Place all marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix together well. Add the prawns/shrimp making sure they’re fully coated with the marinade. Leave to the side.
- To begin making the stir fry, heat a tbsp of oil in a wok on a high heat, then add the ginger and spring onions, frying them for about 1 minute. Next, add the chopped pepper and fry for another minute until they soften.
- Add the water chestnuts, bok choy, beansprouts, cashews and garlic. Toss in the wok until the beansprouts and bok choy soften and wilt. Then, add the soy sauce and a dash more pepper for an extra kick.