This Italian style recipe is very quick and easy, and combines two highly healthful foods – sole and spinach.
- 2 tsp. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely diced (1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp. garlic and herb seasoning
- 2 cups fresh, de-stemmed spinach*
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or organic chicken broth
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan
- 6 (4- to 6-oz.) sole fillet portions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a baking dish with EVOO.
For the filling:
- In a medium skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and seasoning; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shallots are tender.
- Add spinach and wine.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until wine has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; let stand 10 minutes to cool.
- Add Parmesan; toss until well-combined. Set aside.
- Place fillets on a clean work surface; season both sides with pepper to taste.
- Place 3 rounded tablespoons of the filling on the center of each fillet.
- Fold the tail end of each fillet over filling and roll up, securing with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place rolls, seam side down, in baking dish; coat lightly with EVOO.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer to a platter, and serve.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 170; Fat 5g; Saturated Fat 2g; Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 300mg; Carbohydrates 4g; Fiber 1g; Protein 21g