Deviled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
by Barbara Howard
Yield: 12 servings
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 can Smoked Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon, minced
- 1/3 cup snipped chives
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, drained and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fennel
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Halve eggs lengthwise; place on plate and gently scoop out yolks.
- Place yolks in a medium bowl and mash. Add salmon, chives, mayonnaise, onion, capers, fennel, lemon juice, lemon zest and pepper. With wooden spoon, vigorously beat to combine.
- Put in pastry bag and fill egg whites (or carefully spoon in)
- Top each with a small slice of smoked salmon
- Sprinkle with dill; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.