Free-Range Bison Burgers
3 patties per 1-lb pack, 100% grass fed |
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
Three (5.3oz) Burger-Patties per 1-lb. pack
- 100% Grass-fed
- Free roaming - Prairie raised
- Humanely raised
- Leaner than standard beef
- No pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, hormones or antibiotics
- Product of USA (South Dakota)
Please check our Serving/Care instructions, because bison cooks faster than conventional beef.
The bison (American buffalo) that provide our burgers roam the South Dakota prairie, grazing freely on native grasses.
Their lean, healthy meat packs a big protein punch, plus a fat profile better than conventional beef’s.
And the ranchers’ land and animal management practices protect native prairie plants and animals.
We’re proud to present a perfectly natural, delicious protein that offers many advantages:
Nutritional and culinary
- Sweet, delicious, exceptionally healthful meat
- More protein per ounce vs. conventional beef
- 3.5 times more omega-3 fatty acids than grain-fed bison
- Fewer calories and less fat or cholesterol than conventional beef or chicken
Eco and animal welfare
- Humane animal husbandry
- Sustainable methods of ranching
- Better lives for an iconic American animal
- No pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, or hormones
- Restoration of more than 100,000 acres of prairie
- Fights climate change by preserving carbon-storing plants
The Wild Idea story
Our bison (American buffalo) burgers come from the Wild Idea Buffalo Company, founded in 1997 by longtime wildlife biologist and rancher Dan O’Brien.
Dan and his wife Jill run the Cheyenne River Ranch, located just west of the Badlands National Park and north of the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
They’ve encouraged Native American ranches to join their co-op, thereby assisting economic recovery among Native families.
Their mission is to preserve the Great Plains ecosystem by returning buffalo back to their native homeland.
As they say, "By aligning our actions with nature, we are able to restore the health of the prairies, care for the animals, and keep carbon safely stored underground, while providing healthy, 100% grass-fed meat that can be consumed with a clear conscience.”
Average Ratings: 5Write a ReviewDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect the views and opinions of customers and not those of Vital Choice. Vital Choice does not verify or endorse any health-based claims made in these reviews. Reviews containing health claims will be removed.
"Not my favorite Vital Choice product" Review: To be fair, I am not a fan of prepared patties. I was seduced by the photo and I am going to say I think it is a bit deceiving as to thickness. The order I received was 1/4 inch patties. I can buy ground bison locally and make my own patties which I have and so have experience with lean bison burgers. These were tough-ish. I would not buy them again, but my dear doggo is VERY happy with them. - Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear your disappointment in this product. Our Customer Service Team will reach out to you today. Thank you!
"Fabulous" Review: I've read the books on this buffalo meat and am so impressed with the concept and care taken to raise the buffalo correctly. The meat tastes so fresh and is so yummy...I've made many dishes with it that all my friends want more. I'll be buying again and again it is loved!!!
"Wow! What a flavor" Review: These are delicious and have a depth of flavor that is superb. Not gamey at all.
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients: Bison
Nutrition Facts3-Pack Ground Bison Burger Patties (5.3oz)Serving Size 1 - 5.3oz Burger-Patty (150g)Number of servings: 3
Amount Per ServingCalories 190 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*Total Fat 7g 11%Saturated Fat 4g 20%Trans Fat 0gCholesterol 115mg 38%Sodium 95mg 4%Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%Dietary Fiber 0g 0%Sugars 0gProtein 32g
Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2% • Iron 22%
RecipesClick here to view bison recipes.
Serving/CareStorage and thawing
Keep bison meat frozen until ready to use.
Thaw your bison overnight in the refrigerator.
The USDA advises cooking meat to an internal temperature of 160°F, which will produce medium to medium-well done meat.
That guideline is intended primarily for ground meat, since any external bacteria on whole cuts are killed by normal cooking.
Cook bison "low and slow”
Unlike beef, bison does not marble (produce internal streaks of fat), so the meat will cook quite a bit faster.
To avoid overcooking, cook bison at lower temperatures than those found in a standard beef recipe, and aim for medium-rare.
If you prefer your meet well done, use a very slow, low-temperature (180-200 degrees) beef or bison recipe (such as crockpot, braising, or stew).
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.