Sablefish Nova Lox
4 oz pkgs, sliced, vacuum sealed | Product #SBL401
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
- Cold-smoked fillet slices
- Certified Kosher (OU)
- No nitrites or artificial additives/preservatives
- Sustainably harvested
- Product of Canada
Our cold-smoked sablefish lox is a rare treat that compliments any recipe calling for salmon lox.
It's perfect for hors d’oeuvres or on bagels, and rich with omega-3 nutrition.
About Wild Pacific Sablefish
Wild Pacific Sablefish – also known as butterfish or black cod – is a superbly rich, silky delicacy.
Because it lives in deep, cold waters, sablefish accumulates far more fat – and omega-3 fatty acids – than most other white fish, making it incredibly luscious.
In fact, it equals or exceeds wild salmon for fat and omega-3 content.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 4.5
"Rich fatty tasting lox is delicious, has low cholesterol" Review: Great on a bagel and cream cheese schmear!
"Trust title not your wish" Review: The Sablefish Nova Lox is not smoked sable as I know it. This item tastes like Nova Lox as it's name infers. As I was hoping for smoked Sablefish, it was very disappointing. As Nova lox it was fine. Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your disappointment with this product. Our Sablefish is cold smoked. Cold smoking imparts a flavor to your food, but doesn't fully cook it. Our Customer Service Team will follow up with you regarding this order. Thank you, The Vital Choice Team
"Sablefish Lox" Review: Dod not Like this Product at all very salty not at all to my taste Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear your disappointment about this product. Our Customer Service Team will follow up with you regarding this order. Thank you, The Vital Choice Team
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients:
Wild Pacific Sablefish, sea salt, demerara raw sugar, natural wood smoke.
2 Servings per containerServing Size2 oz (56g)
Amount per servingCalories110
% Daily Value**
Total Fat 9g 12%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Trans Fat 0
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 330mg 14%
Carbohydrate 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Total Sugars 0g
Includes 0g Added Sugars 0%
Protein 8g 16%
Vitamin D 1.5µg 8% • Calcuim 5mg 0%
Iron 0.15mg 0% • Potassium 160mg 4%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in
a serving of food contributes to a daily diet 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.Contains 1500mg omega-3 fatty acids per 56 serving. EPA
Keep frozen until ready to serve. Thaw overnight in refrigerator, or for faster readiness, place unopened package in cold water for 30 minutes or until the smoked fish is flexible.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Smoked sablefish is as safe as cooked fish, thanks to the natural, salt-mediated curing process and flash-freezing.
- Serve as you would smoked salmon, on a bialy, whole grain bagel, thin-sliced dark rye bread, or crisp rye cracker such as Wasa Bread. Spread the bagel, bread, or cracker with light cream cheese or avocado and top the salmon with thin tomato slices and/or capers and fresh basil leaves.
- Crumble chunks into scrambled eggs with chopped, quick-sautéed chives, scallions, or bell peppers.
Keep frozen until ready to serve. Thaw overnight in refrigerator, or for faster readiness, place unopened package in cold water for 30 minutes or until the fish is flexible.
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.