Organic Grass-Fed Wagyu Beef
Six individually wrapped 6 oz patties | Product #FOB116
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
Please Note: To ensure delivered quality, one 6-pack of this product cannot be shipped alone. Either increase the quantity of this product when you reach your cart, or add more frozen items to your cart, until the total of frozen goods equals $65 or more.
- Certified organic
- 100% grass-fed*
- No animal byproducts
- No antibiotics or hormones
- Certified humane treatment
- Individually frozen and vacuum-packed
- Product of Washington State, USA
*No grain diet: cattle graze on pasture rich in grasses, legumes, and herbs.
Every cut of our organic grass-fed beef offers unsurpassed flavor and nutrition.
Each burger patty weighs in at a generous1/3 lb (6 oz), and is individually vacuum-packed.
About our organic grass-fed beef
We source our beef from Skagit River Ranch, located just 30 miles from Vital Choice in this famously fertile river valley.
As Chef Maria Hines, 2000 James Beard Award winner of The Best Chef Northwest raved, “The buttery, meaty texture will blow your mind!”
Our ranchers — the husband/wife team of George and Eiko Vojkovich — humanely raise a small herd of about 500 cattle on their certified-organic, century-old ranch.
The cattle spend their entire lives on pure pastureland, benefiting from rotational grazing on fresh, nutritious grasses, legumes, herbs. And to help keep them optimally healthy, they also receive a mineral-rich mix of sea salt and kelp.
Each animal is humanely harvested on the farm in a USDA-certified mobile unit … the first such facility in the U.S. operated by farmers.
To further enhance its tenderness and flavor, the meat is dry-aged for minimum of two weeks before being cut, vacuum-sealed, and quick-frozen to preserve its incredible quality.
A breed made in beef heaven
Our premium quality beef is a unique cross between two distinct breeds:
- Angus – An heirloom, grass-adapted strain of the Scottish breed
- American Wagyu – certified 100% purebred Wagyu from Japanese stock
Accordingly, Vital Choice Organic, Grass-Fed Beef combines the tenderness of Wagyu with the rich flavor of Angus.
George and Eiko breed their American Wagyu bulls with Angus cows from an heirloom strain that retains the breed’s original adaptation to fattening on pasture.
That advantage helps explain why their Angus triumphed “hands down” in EatWild.com’s grass-fed-beef taste test, while “… judges across the board described it as tender and succulent with excellent flavor.”
Why grass-fed beef?
Beef is an inherently healthful food, rich in protein, iron, and minerals.
And our exclusively grass-fed, Organic Beef offers a healthier – and far more eco-friendly – alternative to conventional, grain-fed beef.
Compared with grain-fed beef, our pasture-fed beef is richer in at least three key nutrients:
- Omega-3 fatty acids. It provides almost six times more than grain-fed beef, and offers an optimal ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids. See “Basic facts about omega-3s and beef”, below.
- Beta-carotene (pro-vitamin A) – an antioxidant that gives its fat a yellow-orange cast.
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) – an unsaturated fat that appears to promote healthy weight and metabolism.
What about the saturated fat in beef?
The evidence long cited to link certain saturated animal fats with increased risk of heart disease was surprisingly weak ... and in recent years it’s been repeatedly, convincingly refuted.
This cogent quote comes from a 2012 interview with Dariush Mozaffarian, M.D., of Harvard Medical School and Tufts University, the co-author of more than 100 scientific papers:
“Three groups of researchers have recently weighed data from all available large long-term studies that have tracked saturated-fat intake and heart attacks or strokes. All three found no association between saturated fat and heart attacks or strokes. People who consumed the highest levels of saturated fat had about the same rates of heart disease as people who consumed the least.”
Learn more from relevant articles in our newsletter archive: “What is 'Heart Disease,' Exactly?”, “Cholesterol Fiasco Undermines Accepted Theory” “Egg Study Puts Cracks in Anti-Cholesterol Claims”, and “Beef Scare Overblown?”.
Basic facts about omega-3s and beef
Consumers are often misinformed or misled about this topic. These are the facts:
Grass-based cattle diets yield significantly higher levels of omega-3s in beef, while omega-6 levels in grass-fed beef roughly equal those in grain-fed beef.
This results in a lower, healthier omega-6-to-omega-3 ratio in grass-fed beef.
The average omega-6/omega-3 ratio in grass fed beef is 1.5 to 1, but rises as high as 7.65 to 1 in grain-fed beef (Ponnampalam EN et al. 2006; Leheska JM et al. 2008; Daley CA et al. 2010).
- Most of the very modest amounts of omega-3s in grass-fed beef consist of the short-chain omega-3 known as ALA, which the body uses to make the long-chain omega-3s (DHA and EPA) humans actually require to thrive and survive.
- The human body converts one to 10 percent of omega-3 ALA into the essential long-chain omega-3s (DHA and EPA) found in human cells and seafood. It’s far more effective to consume DHA and EPA directly, from seafood and/or supplements.
- Grass-fed beef provides far less omega-3 EPA and DHA than an equivalent amount of seafood … especially fatty fish.
- Fish and shellfish acquire large amounts of DHA from their diets of aquatic plants and animals, while livestock get small amounts of ALA from grasses and other pasture plants.
For more information on omega-3s, see our Omega-3 Facts & Sources page.
Average Ratings: 5
"Out of the ordinary!" Review: These patties are super delicious. Probably due to the amount of fat throughout the meat. They taste fresh and I eat just one a month! (It’s always a pleasure to eat a delectable burger from Vital Choice!)
"Grass-fed wagyu beef patties" Review: I wasn’t sure what to expect from eating my first organic grass-fed wagyu burger, but the verdict is still out on the taste and texture. I don’t know if it is from being delivered as a single wrapped patty as opposed to freshly ground, but it was bland and somewhat tough. I need to try the same type beef from a local market to make an honest comparison. Overall, not bad but I will stick with the wild sockeye salmon from VC. - Thank you for sharing your feedback on this product. We hope you have an opportunity to try our product again for a fair comparison! Thank you- The Vital Choice Team
"Grass fed beef patties" Review: The beef patties were so incredibly good and tasty we thought we were eating a steak.
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients:
Nutrition FactsOrganic Grass Fed Beef Burgers - Single WrappedServing Size 6oz. (170g)Number of servings: 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 342 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*Total Fat 24g 37%Saturated Fat 10g 50%Trans FatCholesterol 97mg 32%Sodium 68mg 3%Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%Dietary Fiber 0g 0%Sugars 0gProtein 31g
Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1% • Iron 11%
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.