Smoked Sockeye Salmon
6 oz portions, skin-on/boneless |
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Skin-on / boneless
- Certified Kosher (OU)
- No artificial coloring, nitrites or preservatives
- Sustainably harvested wild sockeye
- Product of Canada
Our savory Wild Pacific Smoked Sockeye is cured in a light salt brine, smoked over pure, natural alder wood, and immediately flash-frozen to lock-in freshness ... just thaw and serve!
Hint: For fast thawing, immerse unopened, vacuum-sealed portions in cold water for about 20 minutes, or until flexible.
"I'm in love with your hot-smoked salmon! It's fabulous flaked and scrambled with eggs and onions."
-Dana Jacobi, author of the 12 Best Foods Cookbook
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5Write a ReviewDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect the views and opinions of customers and not those of Vital Choice. Vital Choice does not verify or endorse any health-based claims made in these reviews. Reviews containing health claims will be removed.
"TASTY" Review: Portion size is just right and this is VERY TASTY. Recommend you try this!
"Wow what’s happened?" Review: I’ve been getting this for months, and we just opened our recent order and it’s nearly tasteless. I’ve got more than one package of it so maybe I should open another to see if any better? Not the usual delicious product we are used to! - Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding this product. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy this product. Our Customer Service Team will read out to you today. Thank you!
"Very good smoked salmon!" Review: The smoked sockeye is really tasty, and you can’t beat the preparation. You just thaw and it’s ready for whatever you want to do with it. I liked the smoked sockeye better than the smoked king because the king is too salty for me. My husband loved them both. The sockeye doesn’t contain any sugar so that’s a big thumbs up!
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients:
Wild sockeye salmon, sea-salt, demerara raw sugar, natural hardwood smoke (alder).
Nothing artificial added.
Nutrition FactsSmoked Sockeye PortionsServing Size 2 oz (57g)Number of servings: 3
Amount Per ServingCalories 90 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*Total Fat 3.5g 4%Saturated Fat .5g 3%Trans Fat 0g 0%Cholesterol 45mg 15%Sodium 490mg 21%Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%Dietary Fiber 0g 0%Sugars 0g Includes 0g Added Sugars 0%Protein 16g 32%
500mg total omega-3s per serving, with
EPA: 100mg, DHA: 350mg
Vitamin A 2% • Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2% • Iron 2%
RecipesAegean–Style Alaska Smoked Sockeye Pizzette Alaska Smoked Salmon Appetizer Alaska Smoked Salmon Capri Salad Alaskan Smoked Salmon and Chipotle Chowder Baked Salmon Steaks with Oyster Mushrooms; Smoked Sockeye Salmon Hors d' œuvres Dr. Pratt's SuperFoods Salad Pasta/Bean Soup with Smoked Sablefish or Salmon Pasta/Bean Soup with Smoked Sablefish or Salmon Salmon Fritatta Salmon Quiche Smoked Alaskan Salmon Risotto Smoked Salmon and Mixed Pea Pasta; Arugula Pesto Smoked Salmon and Pesto Scrambled Eggs Smoked Salmon and Spinach with Orzo Smoked Salmon Canapes Smoked Salmon Kedgeree Smoked Salmon Pizza Smoked Salmon Rice Salad with Apple Vinaigrette Smoked Salmon with Blue Corn-Wild Rice Johnny Cakes Smoked Salmon, Leek and Lemon Thyme Pasta
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
- Smoked salmon is as safe as cooked fish, thanks to the natural, salt-mediated curing process and flash-freezing.
- Serve on a bialy, whole grain bagel, thin-sliced dark rye bread, or crisp rye cracker such as Wasa Bread.
- Spread the bagel, bread, or cracker with light cream cheese or avocado and top the salmon with thin tomato slices and/or capers and fresh basil leaves.
- Crumble chunks into scrambled eggs with chopped, quick-sautéed chives, scallions, or bell peppers.
ShippingFrozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.