Wild Portuguese Sardine Fillets
3.5 oz tins, spiced with red chili | Product #CPF206
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
- Whole, boneless sardines fillets
- Gluten free
- Easy-open top
- Packed in organic extra virgin olive oil with one red chili*
*Our Spiced Sardines typically provide a medium level of “heat”, but the heat level and size of the chili pepper can vary from can to can.
Our premium Portuguese sardines are a delicious, full-flavored source of omega-3s. They’re custom-packed for us at peak freshness by a family that has perfected their craft for over 150 years.
What People Say
- "Your sardines in olive oil are outstanding and nothing compares to them ... better than the fresh charcoal broiled sardines I had in Morocco.” – Artemis Simopoulos, M.D., author ofThe Omega Diet
- "... these are the BEST sardines I have ever eaten!” Jean Singer, Eustis, FL
- "A clean tasting fish. No fishy taste or after taste. Oil taste is very subtle and almost hidden. A meaty, tender fish. I would eat again.” Rating: 4.5 sardines (out of 5)” – Drew, author of the Mouthful of Sardines blog
Vital Choice video: Sardine harvesting and packing
We visited our Portuguese sardine partners, video camera in hand, and captured the harvest, landing, and packing. Check it out at YouTube.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5
"Great For Light Lunch" Review: I like the Sardine Fillets on Club Crackers with Cream Cheese for a light Lunch. The red chili adds just a little more spice.
"Sardines" Review: Great for snacks, salads etc; Always fresh, another crowd pleaser.
"Excellent!" Review: These sardines are the best I've ever had, and I've tried all the major brands found in various grocery stores. The red chili adds a mild, yet noticeable kick.
Read more reviews >
Nutrition & IngredientsIngredients: Portuguese sardines, organic extra virgin olive oil, red chili, natural sea salt
1 Servings per containerServing Size1 Can Drained (76g)
Amount per servingCalories180
% Daily Value**
Total Fat 12g 15%
Saturated Fat 2.7g 14%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 120mg 5%
Carbohydrates 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Total Sugars 0g
Includes 0g Added Sugars 0%
Protein 16g 32%
Vitamin D 4.25µg 20% • Calcuim 73mg 6%
Iron 0.75mg 4% • Potassium 72mg 2%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in
a serving of food contributes to a daily diet 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.Contains 2200mg omega-3 fatty acids per 76g serving. 1260mg EPA 1260mg DHA
Keep canned fish in a cool place. Consume by the date stamped on each can.
Sardines are scrumptious in pasta dishes, served on crackers, and they make delicious additions to salads and pizza.
ShippingNon-perishable goods ship via Ground service Monday - Friday (except holidays) and normally arrive in 3-7 days, depending upon destination.
Non-perishable shipments to Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, and
Northern California may arrive faster, in 1 or 2 days.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
address, including non-perishables sent to Alaska and Hawaii.
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost more; for
more information on this and all shipping topics, see our Shipping page.