Today's recipe is adapted from one by David Tanis in The New York Times.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions, then drain and rinse well with cool water. Set aside. Keep a pot of boiling water on stove for reheating noodles later.
- Toast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and allspice berries in a dry pan over medium heat until fragrant, then grind in a spice mill or with a mortar and pestle.
- Put coconut oil in a wide skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add lemongrass, garlic and ginger to softened onions and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add ground coriander, cumin, fennel and allspice. Add turmeric, cayenne, lime zest and juice, fish sauce and coconut milk. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Season shrimp and cherry tomatoes with salt. Add to pan and cover until shrimp are cooked, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Dip noodles briefly in hot water to reheat, then drain and divide among bowls. Spoon shrimp, tomatoes and sauce over each serving. Sprinkle with scallions and garnish with cilantro, basil and mint leaves.